Seeking Custom Milling; Northeast, 50+"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manwithsaw

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Looking for someone who can mill large logs in the northeast, especially central Vermont.
Bandsaw or circular saw preferred, CSM considered.
Long, wide logs
All tips appreciated.
Thanks!
.wm1000 bandsaw.jpg

Looking for someone who can mill large logs in the northeast, especially central Vermont.
Bandsaw or circular saw preferred, CSM considered.
Long, wide logs
All tips appreciated.
Thanks!
.View attachment 563238
That is a large BSM ( expensive) to reach that if you want live edge planks which can be premium cost on make and sell. To build your own CSM w dual power head could be done for way less.72" cannon about $500 plus reel of chain about $335 ,pair of 066's or 660's bit under $1700 Tradin Post maybe. Make a stiffer than alaskan duplicate , farm auction extension ladder for guide under $100 [my area] the more mechanicaly inclined you are the better rig you can build for les$. There can be a lot of money in wide cuts as you ask about. BSM to do more funds less work, CSM less funding needed but more labor & chips. Old Friend of owner of tree I sliced in my avatar commented the cuts made on the log were flatter than some of the band saw work he'd seen. Band saws length limits on mobile units IIRC, CSM more flexible Just my two scents Ya pays your money and ya takes your chances as the saying goes.

Back