ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Seeking options

Discussion in 'Employment Forum' started by beastmaster, Mar 7, 2019.

1. beastmaster

beastmaster Addicted to ArboristSite

I have 40 years experience in the tree care industry. I climb every day and am currently employed with a large contractor in Calif. doing high risk removals.

I do fine pruning to ansi standards and then some.

I am 60 years old but slowing down some. I've always been happy as a Climber/crewleader. I don't intend to retire anytime soon, but realistically my climbing day are winding down. I have a lot to offer still in the right capacity. Supervisory, training, sales. I'm willing to listen to any realistic offers. Thank you.

2. LoggerJimbo

LoggerJimbo New Member

so you enjoy the work are you willing to relocate? Pass along some of your experience?

3. beastmaster

I'm currently employed. We have a 2 year contract. But I am interested in what's available to me at my age and skilled set.
    I started 40 years ago doing bug trees at the start of the bark beetle crisis. I had the good fortune to early on be mentored by a ISA Arborist.
    Last several years I've been working for large contractors doing hazard trees(CEMA, TREE MORTALITY, Fire and brush programs for power companys) I'm a decent feller, I've done 100's if not 1000's of crane removals. I've run several companys handling all day to day affairs.
    I was isa certified. Have certs for aerial rescue, CPR. work as an assistant to a well known consulting arborist. I self study fungi, disease, tree assessment etc. Only thing old school is my work ethic.
    I can back up every thing I claim. Been on this site for a lot of years.

4. beastmaster

I'm currently employed. We have a 2 year contract. But I am interested in what's available to me at my age and skilled set.
    I started 40 years ago doing bug trees at the start of the bark beetle crisis. I had the good fortune to early on be mentored by a ISA Arborist.
    Last several years I've been working for large contractors doing hazard trees(CEMA, TREE MORTALITY, Fire and brush programs for power companys) I'm a decent teller, I've done 100's if not 1000's of crane removals. I've run several companys handling all day to day affairs.
    I was isa certified. Have certs for aerial rescue, CPR. work as an assistant to a well known consulting arborist. I self study fungi, disease, tree assessment etc. Only thing old school is my work ethic.

5. beastmaster

Last several years I've been working for large contractors doing hazard trees(CEMA, TREE MORTALITY, Fire and brush programs for power companys) I'm a decent teller, I've done 100's if not 1000's of crane removals. I've run several companys handling all day to day affairs.

6. LoggerJimbo

LoggerJimbo New Member

you did not answer the questions

7. beastmaster

Right now I am happy where I'm at. But it's only a temp. Contract. Maybe a year in the future. I'm use to changing locals and relocating. But not at this minute unless it's for something really worthwhile.