Serial numbers to watch out for

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Agee

Reaction score
Hey there first post here. I've been logging for a year now (california). I mainly run the landing (bumping knots, bucking ect. Light falling and limbing and bucking behind our faller). I've always used the saw supplied by my boss (husky 372xp) the saw is old and needs to be rebuilt so I'm in the market. I'm looking at a 362 or a 441. Im a little Leary of the m tronic/ auto tune stuff and know people have had problems with saws constantly dieing.
Are there any serial number series that is should look out for and stay away from?

I wouldn't waste my time with a 362 if you are logging. Time is money, you'll get in shape for a bigger one. You want a git-r-done saw.
If you are a stihl guy, Get a 461, same size and weight as the 441 but more oomph, no m-tronic, and pretty bomb proof.

My favorite saw for landing work is a husky 272.

I have a m-tronic 661 I use for falling, some quirks but nothing major. I always have a back up saw so I don't sweat stuff too much. I like it because I change elevation a lot. No need to retune.

Back