Serial Numbers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In a liberal state that would be considered premeditated and the homeowner would have likely been charged. I don't agree with it, but anti-gun states work like that. I have no idea what self-defense laws are like in Canada.

Here in NY that would never stand. I'm pretty sure that if I held someone at gun point until the police arrived the criminal would still be allowed to press charges.

The county I live in and the fact that I'm way out in the country helps a bit but in NY you might as well be a criminal if you own a gun or multiple guns. Self defense is a crime.

Yep, ifn they come inside the door, cross the threshold any type or form of egress, long as they are inside and you fear for your life or the life of your family.

That's similar to the laws here in Texas. During the day they must cross the threshold or be in the house, but at night they only need be on your property lol.

Here in NY that would never stand. I'm pretty sure that if I held someone at gun point until the police arrived the criminal would still be allowed to press charges.

The county I live in and the fact that I'm way out in the country helps a bit but in NY you might as well be a criminal if you own a gun or multiple guns. Self defense is a crime.

NY, MD, CA, IL all have crap gun laws and libtard policies put in place by liberal lunatics. If I lived any of those states I would do whatever was needed in order to move elsewhere.

That's similar to the laws here in Texas. During the day they must cross the threshold or be in the house, but at night they only need be on your property lol.

NY, MD, CA, IL all have crap gun laws and libtard policies put in place by liberal lunatics. If I lived any of those states I would do whatever was needed in order to move elsewhere.

That's easier said than done. My whole family is here and I have established a life here. To move my wife and kids and find new jobs a new house with some land and still see my family regularly would be very hard. I'll do what I want to do here in NY and take my chances. Where I live is a bit more free than a lot of parts of NY.

That's easier said than done. My whole family is here and I have established a life here. To move my wife and kids and find new jobs a new house with some land and still see my family regularly would be very hard. I'll do what I want to do here in NY and take my chances. Where I live is a bit more free than a lot of parts of NY.

In NY, can't you own a kabota with a back hoe with 7'-7"deep capacity? Bury the rabid skunk? keep your mouth shut...
in event of emergency make sure I'm picked for the jury, I believe in jury nullification.
IMO unfortunately, in the USA just cause it's "legal" does NOT mean it's moral...and just because it's illegal does not mean it's immoral.

In NY, can't you own a kabota with a back hoe with 7'-7"deep capacity? Bury the rabid skunk? keep your mouth shut...
in event of emergency make sure I'm picked for the jury, I believe in jury nullification.
IMO unfortunately, in the USA just cause it's "legal" does NOT mean it's moral...and just because it's illegal does not mean it's immoral.

Like I said I'll do what I want and take my chances. If I have to do some time to save my family I will. But around here there's a good chance that if you break into a house they are armed. It's not the suburbs it's the country. By the time the police show up it will be all over.

NYC is the part that controls NY the rest of the state is not real liberal or anti gun. We all pay high taxes to fund NYC and get nothing in return.

Like I said I'll do what I want and take my chances. If I have to do some time to save my family I will. But around here there's a good chance that if you break into a house they are armed. It's not the suburbs it's the country. By the time the police show up it will be all over.

NYC is the part that controls NY the rest of the state is not real liberal or anti gun. We all pay high taxes to fund NYC and get nothing in return.
It's funny, as a southerner I grew up really only knowing about NYC and thinking it was just a huge city up there and everyone loved the buildings, clogged streets and all the liberal policies and stuff. As an adult and meeting and knowing more people and getting wiser, literally everyone I know or meet from upstate NY echoes exactly what you say!! My step dad is from upstate NY, he is a prod gun owner and when he had the chance he bolted from that place.

I met a guy that works for the same agency I do, we were at a training in FL. I found out he was from NY. He made it clear he was from Upstate. He was a vet and huge outdoor guy and like many of us. He actually said he had never been to NYC!! Haha

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I always say I'm from NY Buffalo area. I'm an hour from the city of Buffalo but I don't want people thinking I'm from NYC lol. I have stopped in one air port in NYC on my way to Jamaica but I have never actually been to the city. My wife said I can't handle the craziness.

Upstate NY is a nice place, lots of water and open land. We get all 4 seasons and never hit 100* in the summer or really get below 0* in the winter. The government is the reason lots of people leave every year.

Latest posts

Back