ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Seriously why is this still ok?

Discussion in 'Off the Topic Forum' started by Brent Nowell, Nov 24, 2019.

1. Brent Nowell

Brent Nowell ArboristSite Guru

Why is it still ok for rappers to use the “N” word in their lyrics?

Please this is a serious discussion, I am not trolling here, I want to here what you guys think in which this is acceptable or unacceptable. If you disagree with someone’s opinion in this matter do not make them feel stupid for thinking so. Let’s have a discussion not an argument!

Please be professional, do not use stereotypes or racism, do not segregate.

I personally think it’s unacceptable. People of any colour skin should not be using racist words for description of a race.

2. ammoaddict

ammoaddict Addicted to ArboristSite

I don't like the fact that they call themselves that and get mad when another race calls them that.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

3. Freudianfloyd

Freudianfloyd ArboristSite Operative

In my opinion, I dont like the word and I dont use it, but I also dont get offended if anybody uses it. I dont get offended by much, and words only have power if you give them power. Of course I am white, but there isnt a word you could call me that would offend me. I have better things to worry about.

With that said, I think hate speech is a joke. Most people offended by words, labels, and names are usually white city folk thinking it is their duty to stand up for the little ones.

For example, renaming the Redskins, I have heard multiple Indians (native Americans for you sensitive people) that were not bothered by the name, it's usually some college leftist professor that studies American colonization and how the white males have ruined the world that is offended. The most racist people I have ever met are leftists thinking they are helping the unfortunate blacks, they just dont realize they are being racist by treating them differently.

With that said, nobody should hurt a person on purpose, whether with words or physically. However, I think we as a society need to toughen up and ignore words. I mean we have been taught since we were kids that words cant hurt you.

But what do I know?

4. farmer steve

farmer steve outstanding in my field, 5150

+1

Husky Man, svk and Duce like this.
  5. Andyshine77

Andyshine77 Tree Freak

Do I like it? No!

However we should never forbid any word or phrase, as sometimes saying that word or phrase "even it offends the majority" may be the correct thing to say. Freedom of speech should never be infringed upon no matter how offensive.

6. TheDarkLordChinChin

TheDarkLordChinChin ArboristSite Operative

Agree with you guys. Its just a word, who cares, grow up, be a man etc.
    However, if I met a black individual who didnt like the word it wouldnt say it around them. Just like I wouldnt say "c*nt" around my mother.

7. full chizel

full chizel ArboristSite Guru

The double standard isn’t right but there are bigger things going to worry about in the world.

8. Capitalist

Capitalist ArboristSite Guru

Why would anyobe give a damn?
    It sells and makes them rich.

The people I dont hear complaining are the blacks.

You have a problem with it because?

Its funny the people demanding the world fits their PC standards have usually never spent any amount of time in an all black neighborhood.

I will tell you the same thing most blacks will.

Until you have been there don't assume you are helping with your sheltered gated community views of equality.

IF YOU CAN'T STAND IT... TURN IT OFF LIB. WHAT YOU ARE DOING IS TRYING TO CONTROL, ERASE, AND DESTROY A CULTURE.

You dont get it, you won't get it, so leave them alone.

The most racist thing a man can do is try to say race doesn't matter or exist like liberals today.

Hypocrites.

Little cornflakes that state things such as rappers shouldn't be allowed to use the N word would last about 5 minutes where I have been and they would be beaten and robbed blind.
    I wouldn't feel bad for them either.
    They dont belong there and dont understand it. So keep your prissy ass out.

9. Duce

Duce Addicted to ArboristSite

Ever listen to Dave Chappelle. That has been a career ending phrase for many.

ammoaddict likes this.
  10. Capitalist

Wow.
    Seems we think very similar.
    I just read this.
    Didnt expect anyone to share my view

Husky Man and Freudianfloyd like this.
  11. TheDarkLordChinChin

Yeah lol, pretty much anyone of a different race I know doesnt care about me (or anyone else they know well) using racial slurs off the cuff around them now they know me.
    And close family members will lose their sh1t when I say even a mild slur in a joke.

Capitalist likes this.
  12. Capitalist

If I was offended by words I would be in prison every time I met a guy that said "m-fer" to describe every person. It might be annoying but I know they dont mean any harm in it. It's just their way.

Not my place to control their language unless they direct it at me in a dispicable way.

I bid two jobs for two different african american familes today.

They both had the nicest and cleanest houses on the block. One was a repeat customer that overpaid $50 last time because he said I worked my ass off.

I have also worked for most of a year in a neighborhood of all blacks laying public water main.

We had three kids under 18 shot within a one block radius.

I learned a lot in that year especially about body language and people in general.

One of the few white locals was at a gas station using the N-word with his N-words. No one cared. No one blinked.

It was the hood as deep as it gets.

The racism always comes from people that have never seen the hood and particularly libs.

Thats when crap gets stirred.
    Put one loud mouth lib in that same gas station and someone would have got their ass beat or shot.

I judge the person not the race.
    I damn sure dont judge a person because of their language or chosen words in a song or relaxed conversation.

Words are the very essence of race and culure. Those denying it want to erase the race and culture and dont even realize it.

We are all different so these libs need to respect the gd difference, not try to deny its existence.

svk and TheDarkLordChinChin like this.
  13. Capitalist

You walk into an irish pub full if mechanics and tell them you love working on fords, hate whiskey, and think lucky charms cereal is racist and you are gonna stir some serious chit!

Lmao

TheBrushSlasher and svk like this.
  14. TheDarkLordChinChin

I heard this story of a a gay guy in England somewhere, everyone knew he was gay but everyone liked him just fine and life continued as normal, homophobic jokes and all. Then one day in the local pub an outoftowner with a big mouth made some dumb comment about homosexuals and everyone went quiet. After a while the outoftowner went to take a leak and the gay guy went in after him. He looked over into the outoftowners stall and said "nice cock" then zipped up, washed his hands and went back into the bar to much laughter.

No one went home crying about "the bad man and his bad words". The guy stood up for himself without starting a fight or some sort of outcry.

15. Capitalist

Lmao
    That was me and I ran outta that bar.

16. Andyshine77

Andyshine77 Tree Freak

Radicalism is the issue, I don't care what side. Being forceful with one's opinion just makes others more set in theirs. In general name calling and using poor language indicates lack of intelligence, as does having views set in stone. Radical Conservatives are no different than radical liberals. Anyone who thinks they have it all figured out, I walk away from.

17. Capitalist

Intelligence of a species as dumb as humans is very overrated. I have only seen moderate views other than the op post.

18. Capitalist

By the way,do you propose one side wins or the other?

Should the word be illegalized and banished from rappers vocabulary, or respected and left alone, as amatter of respect to an entire race?

You are sitting on that fence looking down on us dogs like we are a buncha "n-words."

19. Andyshine77

Andyshine77 Tree Freak

Lol sounds like you hang around the wrong people.

Capitalist likes this.
  20. Capitalist

I edited.
    You will have to moderately re read my post.

Wait a second...
    Are you saying this because most of my friends are black?