ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Seriously why is this still ok?

Andyshine77

Andyshine77

Tree Freak
By the way,do you propose one side wins or the other?

Should the word be illegalized and banished from rappers vocabulary, or respected and left alone, as amatter of respect to an entire race?

You are sitting on that fence looking down on us dogs like we are a buncha "n-words."
No words should ever be made illegal. No one should force anyone else to use or not use certain words, or phrases. Doing so is the most dangerous thing I can imagine for society.

What side winning what exactly?

Capitalist

Capitalist

Addicted to ArboristSite
People will speak their mind and it should not be haltered.

Its like half-drunk sex.
You still get the full effect but she is totally set free with a lack of worry and is honestly just enjoying it and doing what she wants... Not censored and trying to impress you.

You may both wake up with regrets and sore asses but it was raw and real. ;)

Brent Nowell

Brent Nowell

Addicted to ArboristSite
Radicalism is the issue, I don't care what side. Being forceful with one's opinion just makes others more set in theirs. In general name calling and using poor language indicates lack of intelligence, as does having views set in stone. Radical Conservatives are no different than radical liberals. Anyone who thinks they have it all figured out, I walk away from.
Good point Andy, these protestors that stop traffic are forcing their issue on people, and they wonder why people don’t listen or beat the **** out of them. You can’t force your opinion or views on someone it will never work.

And yes it seems to be a far right or far left society these days....

Capitalist

Capitalist

Addicted to ArboristSite
Good point Andy, these protestors that stop traffic are forcing their issue on people, and they wonder why people don’t listen or beat the **** out of them. You can’t force your opinion or views on someone it will never work.

And yes it seems to be a far right or far left society these days....
Yes but you brought it up from a far left standpoint and made it a yes or a no (ban it or don't) thing like libs do.

Dont go thinking you are a moderate.
You said you "cant believe it's allowed."

You nor the government nor all the humans on the planet should have the right to censor language to suit yours or anyones ideals.

You have an extremist view on this subject.

Brent Nowell

Brent Nowell

Addicted to ArboristSite
Yes but you brought it up from a far left standpoint and made it a yes or a no (ban it or don't) thing like libs do.

Dont go thinking you are a moderate.
You said you "cant believe it's allowed."

You nor the government nor all the humans on the planet should have the right to censor language to suit yours or anyones ideals.

You have an extremist view on this subject.
Capitalist I’m not going to lie you make a good point... free speech is pinnacle and the banning of that is not what I stand for...
Just tired of hearing all the BS on the news, and the hypocracy!

unclemoustache

unclemoustache

My 'stache is bigger than yours.
In my opinion, I dont like the word and I dont use it, but I also dont get offended if anybody uses it. I dont get offended by much, and words only have power if you give them power. Of course I am white, but there isnt a word you could call me that would offend me. I have better things to worry about.
With that said, I think hate speech is a joke. Most people offended by words, labels, and names are usually white city folk thinking it is their duty to stand up for the little ones.
For example, renaming the Redskins, I have heard multiple Indians (native Americans for you sensitive people) that were not bothered by the name, it's usually some college leftist professor that studies American colonization and how the white males have ruined the world that is offended. The most racist people I have ever met are leftists thinking they are helping the unfortunate blacks, they just dont realize they are being racist by treating them differently.
With that said, nobody should hurt a person on purpose, whether with words or physically. However, I think we as a society need to toughen up and ignore words. I mean we have been taught since we were kids that words cant hurt you.
But what do I know?

THIS. :clap::clap:

Do I like it? No!

However we should never forbid any word or phrase, as sometimes saying that word or phrase "even it offends the majority" may be the correct thing to say. Freedom of speech should never be infringed upon no matter how offensive.

I would agree with this to a point, but I would argue that profanity should be kept to a minimum, especially in family settings.
I find it unfortunate that SO MANY people seem to be unable to utter a coherent sentence without throwing in profanity all the time. I wouldn't want it banned or illegal, but that's the point of how our government was set up - that we should govern ourselves. (Self-control, common sense, etc) Too few people do that anymore.

Brent Nowell

Brent Nowell

Addicted to ArboristSite

I would agree with this to a point, but I would argue that profanity should be kept to a minimum, especially in family settings.
I find it unfortunate that SO MANY people seem to be unable to utter a coherent sentence without throwing in profanity all the time. I wouldn't want it banned or illegal, but that's the point of how our government was set up - that we should govern ourselves. (Self-control, common sense, etc) Too few people do that anymore.
I also agree that cussing every second word is inappropriate. Up here it seems like everyone talks this way, and as I get older I’m getting tired of it.

However it should not be banned, I am starting to see what andyshine and capitalist are saying and I have to agree. Like I mentioned I’m just getting tired of this whole race card bullshit, which seems to be dividing people instead of bringing them together. I think the media is the problem here

Duce

Addicted to ArboristSite

Agree, it's not OK. If you cannot control your speech or mouth, what else are you unable to control. Free speech is in our Constitution to protect us when we are speaking out against our Government.

EchoRomeoCharlie

EchoRomeoCharlie

ArboristSite Operative
First, freedom of speech. The government banning words because they're 'racist' is a massive injustice and against the constitution of the United States. The government is not allowed to ban words or restrict the speech of it's citizens for very good reason.

Also, words are not racist. Words are words, none are inherently evil, bad, good, or otherwise. A word cannot hate a person based solely on the color of their skin. It's the intent behind the word that makes the person speaking it racist. I have no problem with any 'race' using the word in non-racist situations. ACTUAL racists are scum. A person that actually hates an entire 'race' of people because of the color of their skin, not a person that says something and offends a person of another 'race'. Just saying that word does NOT make a white person(or any other color person) a racist automatically regardless of what the current media and liberal activists would like you to believe.

Duce

Addicted to ArboristSite
You are correct it does not make that person racist, it makes them ignorant for not being unable to express their thoughts with other words.

Jed1124

Jed1124

Addicted to ArboristSite
If after Thanksgiving dinner you look around at your family and say with a smile “you’re all a big group of fat disgusting slobs”, it’s ok, they’re your family, and nobody is coming to blows over it.
If your neighbor, who is not a member of your family says the same, and disparages your whole family as such, those are fighting words.
That’s the way I see blacks calling each other the n word. If they want to call each other that, that’s their business. It doesn’t give me the right to say it and not expect a fight.
Any talk of banning any words in America is rubbish. Freedom of speech is paramount in our society.

TheDarkLordChinChin

TheDarkLordChinChin

My name Borat, I like you
Yeah, it's how you use the words, not the words themselves.
Banning the n word or any other word to try and end bigotry or whatever is like banning guns to end violence. The intent is still there and people are still going to do what they are going to do.
Like I said in my first post, even if someone does call you by a slur that refers to your group you dont have to get upset, you can simply laugh it off or ignore the idiot.
Its like people nowadays have taken the phrase "sticks and stones will break my bones but words will never hurt me" and changed it to "...but words will cut right through me".