ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Seriously why is this still ok?

Discussion in 'Off the Topic Forum' started by Brent Nowell, Nov 24, 2019.

1. sb47

sb47 Addicted to ArboristSite

Besides not all blacks come or are an ancestor of Africa. There are many other places where blacks are from.

unclemoustache likes this.
  2. full chizel

full chizel ArboristSite Guru

I worked with an Arabic guy that used to tell you...F U camel jockey (jokingly) if you asked him to do something. It was pretty funny when someone wasn’t expecting it

Husky Man and svk like this.
  3. full chizel

full chizel ArboristSite Guru

I just treat everyone like a human being regardless of sex, color, race, or nationality. It’s always worked well

4. farmer steve

farmer steve outstanding in my field, 5150

American is what I use.

sb47 and Duce like this.
  5. sb47

Nothing wrong with enjoying the hummer in race as long as everyone is cool with it.
    Racial jokes and hummer can be some funny sh!t regardless what race is used, but it's wise to make sure everyone will enjoy it.

Husky Man and full chizel like this.
  6. Stonesforbrains

Stonesforbrains ArboristSite Operative

I agree, I have found the golden rule works best. I have also found that people who actually like each other tend to pick on each other no matter their race and find themselves laughing at each other in jest because of their differences because they genuinely like each other. It’s just a thing at work or other situations to keep your jokes to your self no matter how offhand they are around new people. It is really funny to me when the white guys get really uncomfortable when anybody of any skin color feels comfortable and makes jokes. I always encourage jokes cause it’s fun to watch people get uncomfortable and have to deal with real life and not just be a internet person. Some white people are so weird, try to kill all the fun in the name of political correctness, so stupid.

TheDarkLordChinChin likes this.
  7. sb47

If they call me cracker, I say White or Wheat?:)

Duce likes this.
  8. unclemoustache

unclemoustache My 'stache is bigger than yours.

I would use whatever feature is the easiest to identify about them, even if it is color.

Another funny story - John W. is a good friend of my brother - and John (as a black man) loves to bring up color. When he sees a white friend, he'll say something funny like, "Hey, Whiteness! How was the Klan meeting?"

Of course, saying that to the wrong person may not be so funny, but then again, perhaps it would be good for that 'wrong person' to learn to inject a little friendly non-offensive humor into the color concept.

And note that I never said 'race.' There's only one race - human. Every one of us is born naked and ignorant, and every one of us will die at some point. No need for any of us to think that they are any better than anyone else because of how they are born.

Tobystihl, Natster, Husky Man and 2 others like this.
  9. Big Red Oaks 4 me

Big Red Oaks 4 me Fun with flying wood chips

We took this country from the American Indians and gave it to the blacks. Damned if I know why.

Sleepy likes this.
  10. sb47

I love it when people of color use the term people of color as if whits is not a color. lol
    They say white is the absence of color and black is all colors. But thats BS, Every paint sample color swatches have a white swatch from pure white to all sorts of off white. The absence of color is clear not white.

11. sb47

I'm sure the native Indians were not the original occupiers of the continent.

WRW likes this.
  12. TheDarkLordChinChin

TheDarkLordChinChin My name Borat, I like you

My final thoughts on this are: if you are a grown adult who finds a 2 syllable word offensive or hurtful then you need a good slap in the face because you are too sensitive.

Capitalist and cliff86 like this.
  13. CR888

CR888 Addicted to ArboristSite

Isn't' 'people of color' just the end result of political correctness? Its funny watching people in the media find the suitable word to describe a black person/people. They have no trouble describing white people as white, but the word 'black' is often avoided. The left and their political correctness agenda has done nothing for us, its changed the way people communicate in workplaces, reduced a lot of fun many had. Simply put you cannot speak yo each other they way we did 30 years ago. Slip up once and your job is on the chopping block. It hasn't helped 'people of color', women or any other group/minority the left deems 'under threat'. People are sick of it, survey stats (including people of color) show many think its gone way beyond rationality. People need to toughen up a little, stop treading on eggshells & just relax. Some changes in the laws would go a long way to reverse this god awful state the left have brought upon us.

14. esshup

esshup Addicted to ArboristSite

Maybe a silly question but what ever happened to "Sticks and stones.........."?

15. TheDarkLordChinChin

TheDarkLordChinChin My name Borat, I like you

"sticks and stones will break my bones but words will cut right through me...especially if I'm a grown man"

Capitalist and CR888 like this.
  16. BC WetCoast

BC WetCoast Addicted to ArboristSite

Its now moving to hockey coaches as Bill Peters was fired for using ****** as an adjective 10 yrs ago, and Mike Babcock/Mark Crawford are on the hot seat for being verbally abusive. Why is it only the fringe players complain?

Capitalist likes this.
  17. challenger

challenger Addicted to ArboristSite

Excellent question that STILL won't get you invited to the next DNC convention.
    The truth is a female dog.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Capitalist likes this.
  18. aokpops

aokpops Addicted to ArboristSite

My take on it if you can't understand the words the person is singing they need to get a real job . I always hear I don't know what saying . I have a real job and it sucks . And I don't care if you don't understand me . My entertainment was never for sale . I got way off topic . I just don't hear the words what rappers are singing about . I don't like it . I don't like country music or since they sent the Dixie chicks . I have a small interest in learning Spanish . Rappers have a tough time . I lot of people have that

19. Capitalist

Capitalist Addicted to ArboristSite

Regardless many many made 100 times the money you could in ten lifetimes.

Maybe you need a "real" job?

20. Capitalist

Capitalist Addicted to ArboristSite

And that last poster is the prob. ^^
    We dont understand the different culture or the people who made millions by being able to connect to that culture.

So their answer is to carry their broke ass down the street feeling superior shunning it all.

Damn... I didnt mean to be so honest. It just happened.