Setting up a large bid on a 5 commercial property job, largest ive done, just need some pointers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

506thTreeTrimmer

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey guys, new to this forum, but perfect timing.

Ive owned my own business for many years, smaller crews and jobs mostly, residential, some insurance work, specializing in hi risk removals and trimmings.

ive been blessed with good luck and a personal standard of work and ethics that has led me to have enough good word of mouth that i received a multi property job request from a leasing company. The scale of work on this job is in the 100's. My team and i are prepared for the work, the knowledge and tools and experience is there, just one small area that i need help with. Pricing and overall estimation.

Like i said, largest job numbers wise ive ever been asked to do. My instinct is telling me to quote individual trees, add them up, and then decide on a % off, or maybe decide a flat fee for all the work overall, or a flat fee for trimming/removal/ etc. then adding them up.... obviously there is a better way that i just dont know, or a preferred way. so any input on that would be great!

That being said, my next issue (especially if i do flat fees) is overall price. without running any true numbers or knowing totals, i cant get very much advice im sure, but maybe a quick rundown of your preferred method or an example job would be awesome!!

any help you can give me would be appreciated

Saw this thread a while, maybe it'll help you. The business thread may have some other good info for you as well.

Estimating Large Jobs! Whats your trick?
http://************/forum/index.php?threads/Estimating-Large-Jobs!-Whats-your-trick?.32190/

Estimating Large Jobs!

http://************/forum/index.php?threads/Estimating-Large-Jobs!-Whats-your-trick?.32190/

Back