shake/shingle mills in western warshington?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like cedar shakes for all kinds of projects, but illegal here. County will come along and remove them for you along with your house. We have such an abundance of nice cedar, but what to do with it. Some times I give it away for fire wood, but it is not the best. Thanks

I like cedar shakes for all kinds of projects, but illegal here. County will come along and remove them for you along with your house. We have such an abundance of nice cedar, but what to do with it. Some times I give it away for fire wood, but it is not the best. Thanks

Your an idiot, and welcome to my ignore list. hope the 4 of you enjoy your own company

Your an idiot, and welcome to my ignore list. hope the 4 of you enjoy your own company
Which part got him banished to the abyss of your list?
The burning good cedar Part or perhaps the fact that he lives in a county that will bulldoze his house if not up to their standards or a preexisting condition? They county part is what confounded me, where I live, I could build a skyscraper without pulling a permit as long as I didn't bump into any airplanes with it...

The burning good cedar Part or perhaps the fact that he lives in a county that will bulldoze his house if not up to their standards or a preexisting condition? They county part is what confounded me, where I live, I could build a skyscraper without pulling a permit as long as I didn't bump into any airplanes with it...
Not the first post with garbage and lies, no longer have the patience fer morons.

Our rotund ignorant expert should really check before jumping in & making more of an idiot of himself, if ted lives in counties like the ones in the link then he was correct in saying flammable timber roof shingles are illegal.
http://thinisin.org/shake/index.php/ordinances.
Thanski

Our rotund expert should really check before making more of an idiot of himself, if ted lives in counties like the ones in the link then he was correct in saying flammable timber roof shingles are illegal.
http://thinisin.org/shake/index.php/ordinances.
Thanski
I never doubted the legality of the cedar , I don't necessarily agree with it. But I am aware that there are laws that I disagree with in a lot of states,but I also understand the thought process used in making said laws. Just don't like em....

North, still got that cedar? I've done this and it's really pretty easy. You can also make rails. Affluent (but otherwise clueless) homeowners will pay big bucks for the "rustic" look.

I used ripping chain but regular round ground or chisel skip works good too. I'd cold deck cedar all summer and cut posts when we got weathered out of the woods. Easy work and good pocket money.

Hmmm... 1970 rust bucket ferd climbing washington pass with straight pipes...

Then coast into Winthrop and only one more pass to go over and it is only 4000 feet. It has a couple of curves on the east side. I'd buy you a burrito grande at the taco wagon in downtown Okanogan. They are good and cheap.

Latest posts

Back