Sharpening chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello, it’s a firewood processor, belt driven saw bar. Ya it will not cut crooked at all! Like I mentioned, as long as the depth gauges are set ‘per tooth’ the length of teeth can be all over the place and it cuts just fine. I get a lot of junk chains from work (wildland firefighters) they toss them rather than sharpen sometimes... but some are mangled bad. But they’ve all been useable after some filing.
Chaser, glad you’ve had a chance to look things over and look forward to hearing how you make out when you have a chance!

Ok so it’s not running harvester chain then and doesn’t have the power when stalled to snap a chain. I run a harvester a decent share of the year and if the cutters aren’t the same you will stall the saw and possibly snap a chain causing chain shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick update. Got a new husquavarna depth gauge guide. Took my Depth gauges down and made a huge difference. Also worked at getting the gullet a little more. Cutting much better. Still not pulling like a new chain does, but so much better.

Quick update. Got a new husquavarna depth gauge guide. Took my Depth gauges down and made a huge difference. Also worked at getting the gullet a little more. Cutting much better. Still not pulling like a new chain does, but so much better.

It's pronounced Husq-varn-a. Husqvarna.

Not Huskeevanna, Huskuvanna, Huskyvonna, etc. :)

Latest posts

Back