Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rudydose

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi there.

I have a 2005 bandit 90xp and I feel like it just doesn't pull like it should. I have done a lot of research and asked a lot of guys and they all suggest sharpening my feed wheels. Anyone have and words of advice or know I how I go about doing this

I did it to my morbark 200 it def helped. I'm not sure it grabs harder but it def takes chunks out of the crotches that won't feed weakening them and then they either get sucked in or can be man handled to feed.

I used a Milwaukee 4 1/2" angle grinder ear plugs and muffs it's time consuming and tedious but is worth the effort.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I don't think so. Only because I have them at their tightest setting and they don't seem too bad. Maybe I'll pick some new ones up anyway just to be sure. I'm sure they aren't too expensive

I take the key out, grab an angle grinder and get started.

Laying in the infeed chute running a grinder is loud and the sparks go everywhere and they hurt, but well worth it to keep the machine pulling strong. Just did it on an old Bandit 200+ that used to slip feeding pine tops and big branches, now she pulls them in and eats them up like she should.

I take the key out, grab an angle grinder and get started.

Laying in the infeed chute running a grinder is loud and the sparks go everywhere and they hurt, but well worth it to keep the machine pulling strong. Just did it on an old Bandit 200+ that used to slip feeding pine tops and big branches, now she pulls them in and eats them up like she should.
Great to know. A lot of work to remove the wheels?

Great to know. A lot of work to remove the wheels?

It would take a couple of hours to pull the wheels and most machines you would need a cherry picker to lift them. If the machine is off I can rotate the wheels by hand. I use a chunk of wood to push them so no danger of getting my fingers pinched. Then sharpen the blade and move the wheel to the next one.

I usually wait until they are about 1/16" radius which is pretty dull. After a few sharpenings you have to build the edges up with weld and regrind, have to remove the wheels to do that.

I know Jared ( To tree or not to tree) welded new teeth on his feed rollers. An old Morbark, no feed table, the rollers are not to hard to reach, I think he did it without removing them.

Back