Shaver Door Seal

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redbird

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
What type of silicone (heat rating) would be best to reseal my door with this year. The highest i have found so far is 600 F Thanks

I used the 500* stuff last year and it worked for me...I just used what I had around. Wax paper over the silicone worked great too.

Last edited:
Do you guys put the silicone in the track cover with wax paper and wait for it to dry? We have always used a fiberglass rope in ours. Sounds like an interesting idea using silicone instead of rope. Less sticky I suppose with creasote sticking to it?

Went ahead with the 600 rated and wax paper and closed the door and let it mold/set up. Fired it up on Tues and once the firebox heated up it expanded and sealed up just fine. Haven't had but a couple nights here in VA where I am to need any heat but it won't be long. Got to get the woodpile built up. Also enclosed the stove with a shed in the last few weeks to keep the wind off as well as have a dry place to store some wood and load the stove out of the weather. Hope it makes a difference in the wood consumption as well.

Back