Sherrill tree scam

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hosocat

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Sherrill is having a 12 days of christmas promotion on facebook. I signed up and the next day received a notice that id won a prize. It prompted me through a couple steps then asked for credit card info. I got suspicious and backed out. I think this is a scam. I think sherfill has a security problem and someone has hacked them, otherwise how would they know to target me? I would not trust sherrill with any sensitive info.

Sherrill is having a 12 days of christmas promotion on facebook. I signed up and the next day received a notice that id won a prize. It prompted me through a couple steps then asked for credit card info. I got suspicious and backed out. I think this is a scam. I think sherfill has a security problem and someone has hacked them, otherwise how would they know to target me? I would not trust sherrill with any sensitive info.
Well tell them!

They know...From their FB page:

It has been brought to our attention that there is an imposter Facebook account, posing as #Sherrilltree, contacting people directly to advise them that they won a giveaway and requesting their credit card information. PLEASE NOTE: Sherrilltree will never request your personal payment information be provided via social media. If you win one of our giveaways, you will be tagged and requested to send your mailing address, phone number and/or item specific details ONLY. Winners will also be tagged directly within our posts. Please be very careful and ensure you verify what accounts are messaging you. We have reported this to Facebook and hope to see it rectified soon.

Back