Shipping a saw and bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weatherby

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I did a quick search, but didnt find exactly what I was looking for. I need to ship a saw with a 24" bar and was wondering what I should do. Is it easier to ship them separately or find a box close to 28" long so the bar will fit in it? Im just trying to minimize costs, and I havent found a box long enough for the bar to fit in.

I would ship them in two pieces. The saw is really no problem to ship. The bar can be wrapped in several layers of cardboard and taped securely. Shipped a 32" bar out doing this with no problems and had a 36" bar sent in packed the same way.

Hal

ship in one box.

wrap the bar in cardboard and tape it flat to the bottom of the saw. Put saw in plastic bag with caps loose and some rags tapped on the dawgs. The rags will absorb any spills and the bag will contain the leak.
Have the bar diagonal in the box so it does not need a 28 inch box.

A 24" bar is approximately 28" long. Yes your correct I dont need a box exactly 28" long, but I still havent found one long enough to accomadate the bar. Thanks for the taping the bar to the box tip Brian. I may have to break down and buy a box, what can I say im cheap. Always looking to save some money, must buy more saws....

Do what the other guys are saying and ship it in one box....will probably be the most economical for you.

Don't forget if the saw has ever had gasoline in it you must declare that when shipping. Packages that have ever had any kind of explodable material (i.e Gasoline) must go by ground......it cannnot go by air freight.

Ever since 9-11 it is now a federal offence to not declare that......I didn't know that till just a few months ago....

Latest posts

Back