Shipping a saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't sell / ship chainsaws as much as I used. Even then, it's been less than 7 or so total. I'd always double-box them, and I made sure that they were free of any fuel and oil. I'm talking bone dry.

And, I'd always glue the box flaps down (top and bottom) in addition to taping them. By gluing them, that made the box itself much more rigid. I used plastic shopping bags to fill the voids of the inside of the box and around the saw. I'd stuff um real tight.

I used a heavy-duty plastic bag to wrap the saw in. By the time I was done, I was very sure that the saw would get to where it was going and arrive in the same shape as I shipped it.

More-times-than-not, the buyer would let me know how pleased they were with the saw and how very well it has been prepped for shipping.

Coming home from the US the CDN officers ask me if I had a good time, then say welcome home...:)
I was heading to searchmont skiing thru the UP one time, coming across the border to CDN the gal was very nice(nice looking gal too), kinda a little too nice my buddy noticed it too o_O. We get to the ski area about 45min into CDN and realize it's closed :nofunny:, what do you think the chance is she knew it was closed :sucks:, we knew something was up :yes:.

You guys always have a good time down here, that is why you keep coming......

Coming across into the US is not a good time, border agents must think we are up to no good wanting to leave paradise but just answer their questions straight forward and truthful. It has been getting easier each trip as I learn what not to say....LOL
Yessir, have a good time once across, seen a lot of this big lump from Mexico up to Northern Alaska.

Coming home from the US the CDN officers ask me if I had a good time, then say welcome home...:)

First trip into Canada driving a Tractor Trailer was a 5 hour Nightmare clearing customs (about 8-10 years ago) our other driver taking another load to the same customer, had some minor misdemeanor in his distant past, they wouldn't let him in. Marc had to get a hotel room on the US side, and when I FINALLY got through and made my delivery, I had to got to that hotel, and take Marc's load in the next day.

That second load, I was already in the system from taking my load in the day before, and it was just 20 minutes clearing customs.

I still have no desire to go back.

A Good Friend of mine, made the mistake of answering the Border Agents question HONESTLY one time, (He KNEW BETTER) the Agent asked him if he OWNED any Firearms, Damned if Bob didn't say "YES, I Do", instead of, I don't have any WITH me, a Full Body Cavity Search followed.

I told him, "Bob, You KNEW Better than that", He just said, that "I Answered the question that he ASKED"

Bob, can be a bit Stubborn sometimes:rolleyes::innocent::angry::dumb2:

Doug :cheers:

It just got a bit more complicated since our govt legalized mary jane, all the US agents now suspect we all use it, automatic ban for life if a person answers, yes I have used it, no matter when during a lifetime.
What you talking about o_O.
You mean if you get caught coming across with it, or you can't have ever used it, help me out on this one.
Also to stay on topic what sort of box is best for shipping it, or is a padded envelope okay :cool:.

What you talking about o_O.
You mean if you get caught coming across with it, or you can't have ever used it, help me out on this one.
Also to stay on topic what sort of box is best for shipping it, or is a padded envelope okay :cool:.

Don`t ever admit to ever using it in any form,period. That would get you a permanent ban from ever crossing the border again in your lifetime.
The heaviest cardboard box possible, I make them from sheets of waferboard that is close to 3/16" thick, then line the inner box with 1/2" thick insulation foam, blue or pink closed cell is the best, fill any voids between the saw body and sidewalls, top, bottom and sides with wadded up newspaper. Have shipped saws successfully half way around the world.

Don`t ever admit to ever using it in any form,period. That would get you a permanent ban from ever crossing the border again in your lifetime.
The heaviest cardboard box possible, I make them from sheets of waferboard that is close to 3/16" thick, then line the inner box with 1/2" thick insulation foam, blue or pink closed cell is the best, fill any voids between the saw body and sidewalls, top, bottom and sides with wadded up newspaper. Have shipped saws successfully half way around the world.
That doesn't make sense.
Wait, you thought I was talking about shipping saws :laugh:.

It seems to make sense to your side of the line, does not affect me at all, they can take a blood sample and never find a trace of any drug in me.
Maybe someone was trying to get back at Canadians be cause they can't come over there since they have a violent crime.
I always liked that one, especially in a country with hockey being it's #1 winter sport :dumb::lol:.
Be sure I'm not a promoter of violence, just find that ironic.

Where do you get waferboard? I thought they quit making that 20+ years ago.

Latest posts

Back