• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Shipping, remote pickup?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mn4Stihl

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi All,
I was wondering if anyone has found a good way to remotely pick up a packaged saw? I found a nice saw on CL that I would like to purchase. Seller is reluctant to ship the saw and would prefer a local sale. Is there a way for me to pay for the shipping via ups or usps so all the seller would need to do is slap a label on the package and have it picked up?

I know there is usps and ups pick up but that seems to only work if it's coming from my house? I want to make it so the guy just has to package it and leave it outside.

Thanks!

Probably with a usps account you could make that happen and schedule a pickup. Doesn't sound like this seller is too interested in actually selling what they have lol!

Any idea on cost? Ups vs USPS? I saw ups has a flat rate extra large box...

If you post a link to said saw I may know someone in the area :cool::lol:.
Don't do that, I'm totally joking!
Many of the ups stores will package and ship a saw. The owner must drain all the fluids and I like to air dry the fuel tank out too, and I'd ask them to put the saw in a plastic bag.

Could always mail seller a large box with prepaid label in it. With packing and tape. But unless saw is a steal, probably not worth it....figure $30-40 one way shipped.

Hi All,
I was wondering if anyone has found a good way to remotely pick up a packaged saw? I found a nice saw on CL that I would like to purchase. Seller is reluctant to ship the saw and would prefer a local sale. Is there a way for me to pay for the shipping via ups or usps so all the seller would need to do is slap a label on the package and have it picked up?

I know there is usps and ups pick up but that seems to only work if it's coming from my house? I want to make it so the guy just has to package it and leave it outside.

Thanks!

How you do what your wanting to do is, do the label online, make sure you ship it to you with the shipper as the shipper address. When you go to print the label out, send it to print to a file instead of to your printer. You can then email the label as a file to the seller then he just prints it out on his end. Of course the seller will have to inform you of the package size and weight before you can do the label.

Do yourself a favor and check UPS against USPS. I was going to send a saw to the west coast last week and USPS was over $60 I then checked UPS and it was under $30. Thats with more insurance and real tracking that works and is usually delivered when they say it is..

How you do what your wanting to do is, do the label online, make sure you ship it to you with the shipper as the shipper address. When you go to print the label out, send it to print to a file instead of to your printer. You can then email the label as a file to the seller then he just prints it out on his end. Of course the seller will have to inform you of the package size and weight before you can do the label.

Do yourself a favor and check UPS against USPS. I was going to send a saw to the west coast last week and USPS was over $60 I then checked UPS and it was under $30. Thats with more insurance and real tracking that works and is usually delivered when they say it is..
+fedex depending on where the shipping is coming or going.

I have never found them to be cheaper. On the other hand, if you want to support a company that is one of the biggest labor law violators in the country and treat there employee's like ****, then go ahead but I will not use them.
Source? I mean a real source too...

Latest posts

Back