shop stove

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good. I would reccomend some type of "framing" on the door itself, otherwise I believe it will warp. The door on my propane tank stove is 3/8 thick and has warped pretty good over the years.

Started on the fan shroud yesterday. Also went and picked up the pipe for the chimney.$633.00 the biggest expense so far,IMG_20200120_150955401.jpg looks like I will have about 1000 in the whole thing.

Great example of Yankee engineering. I do like to see stuff repurposed. Trouble would be that, if my insurance company caught wind of me putting that thing into my shop, they would drop me like a handful of radioactive waste.

Seeing how high your ceilings are some ceiling fans would be worthwhile unless you have some already that can't be seen in the pic. Good Job.

I just used two 55 gallon steel drums and the 2 barrel stove kit from Northern Tools. I used 6" stove pipe with the code required thru the ceiling and roof exhaust parts. I have a 2,000 sq ft shop with 15 foot ceilings and it will warm up the shop in a couple of hours. I'm at 5,000 ft altitude in Arizona and there is no rust problem here. Simple to make and it works good.

I have the blower on now and wired a thermal switch in so it comes on and shuts off by its self. I only seem to be able to get the temp up to around 450*. I'm wondering if I am blowing to much air through it? Any thoughts?IMG_20200126_160355212.jpgIMG_20200126_160411087.jpg

Very nice build,,, I use an attic fan control to operate a 15" fan next to my stove,,, works very well... Its very possible that you have the air blowing thru teh stove going too fast... from the pic it looks like there are extra wires coming from teh blower motor, most direct drive blowers are 3 or 4 speed, depending on which wire you connect... Looks like a new blower/motor so wiring diagram should tell you which leads connect to what speed,,, a 3/4 position switch will allow you to select motor speed easily...

Back