Should i NOT buy this 346xp?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Makes me wonder if there's something wrong with it.

you guys should actually LOOK at saw prices in Canada vs the US. In the past few years, used prices have gone up. Far more down there than up here. Used prices are pretty much par. Even new prices are generally cheaper here when you factor in exchange. Why do you think saws are being offered to yous from all around the world?
I buy and sell from all over the world.

How about a really, really clean looking oe372 for 400 USD? There's one just turned up in Canada. Nice price if it's a good saw, right?

well it's a little overpriced here at 600 cad, but maybe workable, depending on the owner.

Piss off with your ********

I'm sorry if you don't like the direction this thread has taken. That's the way it goes around here sometimes. Brett was just saying that the sticker, badge, color, etc doesn't matter if the saw works for YOUR PURPOSE. That's what matters. If you want a 346xp to hold onto for 15 years and sell to a collector at that point, try like hell to find an OE brand new in the box. Otherwise, buy what you can find locally or on here and go cut wood. They're great saws and will make you smile.

So then you know, yet you play the fool.
How am I playing the fool.
Markets fluctuate a lot, and when the exchange rates change buying from Canada changes here as selling to Canada.
The biggest issue is the shipping cost, but when buying 70cc saws it's not as bad because the prices of the saws are higher so the shipping is a smaller percentage.
It MAY have been. But it wasn't worth 480 in this market. And you know that. Or claim to, because you buy and sell all over the world.
I don't know that.
I paid 300 US for my first 346ne, today it would easily bring 450 in the condition it was in when I bought it.
I've sold many 351/353/346oe/346ne and currently own a bunch of them and I continue to buy and sell them, good clean ones like the one he showed the pictures of are getting much harder to find.
How about a really, really clean looking oe372 for 400 USD? There's one just turned up in Canada. Nice price if it's a good saw, right?

well it's a little overpriced here at 600 cad, but maybe workable, depending on the owner.
That is a great price if it's real clean.
If it's a saw a guy wants and can't find, what's an extra 50-100 to make it happen. This is the reason I don't worry to much about selling real nice ones, I can always put an ad up on here and find one even if I had to pay a couple hundred more what's a couple hundred on a saw I'll make money with on jobs, save money with firewood, and encourage others with by helping them cut. Much of the price is relative to how you look at things.

I'm sorry if you don't like the direction this thread has taken. That's the way it goes around here sometimes. Brett was just saying that the sticker, badge, color, etc doesn't matter if the saw works for YOUR PURPOSE. That's what matters. If you want a 346xp to hold onto for 15 years and sell to a collector at that point, try like hell to find an OE brand new in the box. Otherwise, buy what you can find locally or on here and go cut wood. They're great saws and will make you smile.
What do you know :lol: .
I have my 2018 346ne still in the box :happy:.
Hope all is going well up your way.

You are right. I sent chipper1 a private message with an explanation and apology

And I'm sorry that I inflamed this thread. But I know what I know. A 351 with unknown history and a 346 top end is not a 500 cad saw in these parts. 300-350, as verified by another member here. Like here in Canada that is.

the 5000 plus is a superlative saw. Yup, few parts available. I agree. Unless you've run one you wouldn't understand.

anyway, it's been fun. I gotta clean some deadfall off a trail right now. I'm gonna bring one of my jonny 590's and my jonny 2152. Gassed up, sharpened, and ready to go.

see yous later

:chainsaw:

And I'm sorry that I inflamed this thread. But I know what I know. A 351 with unknown history and a 346 top end is not a 500 cad saw in these parts. 300-350, as verified by another member here. Like here in Canada that is.

the 5000 plus is a superlative saw. Yup, few parts available. I agree. Unless you've run one you wouldn't understand.

anyway, it's been fun. I gotta clean some deadfall off a trail right now. I'm gonna bring one of my jonny 590's and my jonny 2152. Gassed up, sharpened, and ready to go.

see yous later

:chainsaw:
I've found that when you say "sorry", then "but" right after it, that the "but" cancels out the "sorry".
Sorry I have to say this, but it's true :innocent:.
Also there's lots I don't know about saws, but there's lots I do know :laugh:.
Be safe:chainsaw:.

Ok then. That little chore is done.

I'm baaack.

i guess I'll retract my sorry;

new guy from Newfoundland comes on with an example of a saw he is interested in. I like Newfies. I know and gave worked with hundreds over the years. A special breed. Tough, industrious buggers by and large. Anyway, he has an excellent, thought out post and seems thoughtful, but unsure.

Immediately some folks come on to say, oh ya, excellent saw, excellent price, go for it. And it DID look decent in the pics, not saying it didn't. But it wasn't a 346, which the seller was up front about.

However, it was a 351 rebuilt to 346 spec, recoil sticker and all. So it was most likely a burned-up 351 (plastic clamp problem, probably,) and the vendor took it upon himself to turn it into a "346", obviously trying to get pristine 346 price for it. No one knows what kind of bottom end damage was sustained. One member even pointed out the backwards av mount as an alarm bell. What else may be assembled poorly we wonder??

meanwhile I know at 480 plus shipping that is a questionable price, like 1/3 too high, imo. And another experienced Canadian says the same at one point, btw.

so I get into a tiff (I wouldn't call it an argument cause we are all men here and don't take these things THAT seriously).

then the defence starts by American members who, quite frankly don't know the Canadian prices and believe that a simple exchange calculation proves all.

so I throw some cautionary remarks out there and immediately get refuted by those who mostly are in the saw flipping game to a certain extent. I have no pony in the race. Other than I felt like helping a fellow Canadian out a bit.

i pointed out a couple of cheap, listed saws trying to encourage the OP to keep his eyes open while he keeps his eyes open for the "right" saw.

Events are somewhat out of order, and I may have missed a detail or two, but whatever.

now apparently I am the ass. Right. I was just impatient and abrupt. I am sorry about that. No buts. However I am right about the price of that saw and the questionable nature of it. Thought I'd throw a however in there.

anyhoo Happy Thanksgiving weekend to all the Canadians. Yup, this weekend.

I just sold one for $500 in minutes on FB bout a month ago.

Latest posts

Back