Should I start a business????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
included bark causes weak attachments by forming bark deposits in steep angled branch structure and limiting healthy attachments by, so doing. Many times cracks form in the normal attachment area.

Lions tail occurs through improper pruning and at times naturally occurring creating elongated limbs with inadequate taper. Many times crown thinning to produce epicormic shoots and then cultivate the better attached of these shoots can somewhat reduce this improper growth by slowing the elongation and thickening inner structure.

The ROPE is giving the SLAYER a headache.:monkey:

He thinks I'm gonna get my Shigo books out, he better remember it's too cold for that bookworming brainbone numbing stuff, I'm gonna go watch squidbillies......:D
attachment.php

The ROPE is giving the SLAYER a headache.:monkey:

He thinks I'm gonna get my Shigo books out, he better remember it's too cold for that bookworming brainbone numbing stuff, I'm gonna go watch squidbillies......:D
attachment.php

Merely pointing out that there is more to arborist than many may think! I can do the climbing rigging too friend and though ropes read most of that, it is in his head and likely incorrect, if so; I am sure to be told :laugh:

lenticel small openings found in stems, trunks that aid in gas exchange.

guard cell aids in gas exchange transpiration and respiration by regulating stomata.

Parenchyma cell misspelled but is a cell used as food storage that many times are lain in arrangements which aid in conduction throughout trunk.

Last edited:
Well at least you spelled 'Codit' right!:)

....but other than that, Nope.

Lmfao I know my spelling needs improvement but in response to injury walls form to protect tree from decay your going to make me look it up ain't you lol. I know I may have something wrong five sides hmmmmm ok I go look up now ok.

Sure that's too easy please explain?

According to CODIT, when a tree is wounded cells undergo changes to form "walls" around the wound, slowing or preventing the spread of disease and decay to the rest of the tree.

* Wall 1. The first wall is formed by plugging up normally porous vascular tissue above and below the wound. This tissue runs up and down the length of the stem, so plugging it slows the vertical spread of decay. Tissues are plugged in various ways, such as with tylosis. This wall is the weakest.

* Wall 2. The second wall is formed by the cells of the growth ring interior to the wound, thus slowing the inward spread of decay. This wall is the second weakest, and is continuous except where intersected by ray cells (see next section).

* Wall 3. The third wall is formed by ray cells, which are groups of cells oriented perpendicularly to the stem axis, dividing the stem into sections not entirely unlike the slices of a pie. These groups of cells are not continuous and vary in length, height and thickness, forming a maze-like barrier to lateral growth of decay. After wounding, some ray cells are also altered chemically, becoming poisonous to some microorganisms. This is the strongest wall at the time of wounding, prior to the growth of the fourth wall.

* Wall 4. The fourth wall is created by new growth on the exterior of the tree, isolating tissue present at the time of infection from that which will grow after. This is the strongest wall, and often the only one which will completely halt the spread of infection. When only the fourth wall remains intact, the result is something most people have seen walking through the woods or in a park: a living tree with a completely rotted-out interior. In such cases, all the tissue present at the time of injury has become infected, but new healthy tissue has been allowed to continue to grow outside of the fourth wall.

Sure that's too easy please explain?

Pretty simple concept to me... Walled off seems to explain it pretty well I think. Healing, though not the correct term, puts in in terms that most HO's can understand. Callousing over is how I picture it in my mind.

Anyway, I just figured I would post the acronym for anyone who didn't know.

Pretty simple concept to me... Walled off seems to explain it pretty well I think. Healing, though not the correct term, puts in in terms that most HO's can understand. Callousing over is how I picture it in my mind.

Anyway, I just figured I would post the acronym for anyone who didn't know.

You were right for what codit stood for I was expecting the process to be explained and I got lazy by just saying walled off and tree co made me gather info not in my head lol.

WTF.....is this jeopardy? LOL, making you look stuff up uh ropes? this site has done that to me too. its kinda cool what ya can learn on here!!

LXT............

WTF.....is this jeopardy? LOL, making you look stuff up uh ropes? this site has done that to me too. its kinda cool what ya can learn on here!!

LXT............

Lol on the contrary if rope stops learning they're gonna cover him up with compacted clay particles.

The Woodsman

According to CODIT, when a tree is wounded cells undergo changes to form "walls" around the wound, slowing or preventing the spread of disease and decay to the rest of the tree.

* Wall 1. The first wall is formed by plugging up normally porous vascular tissue above and below the wound. This tissue runs up and down the length of the stem, so plugging it slows the vertical spread of decay. Tissues are plugged in various ways, such as with tylosis. This wall is the weakest.

* Wall 2. The second wall is formed by the cells of the growth ring interior to the wound, thus slowing the inward spread of decay. This wall is the second weakest, and is continuous except where intersected by ray cells (see next section).

* Wall 3. The third wall is formed by ray cells, which are groups of cells oriented perpendicularly to the stem axis, dividing the stem into sections not entirely unlike the slices of a pie. These groups of cells are not continuous and vary in length, height and thickness, forming a maze-like barrier to lateral growth of decay. After wounding, some ray cells are also altered chemically, becoming poisonous to some microorganisms. This is the strongest wall at the time of wounding, prior to the growth of the fourth wall.

* Wall 4. The fourth wall is created by new growth on the exterior of the tree, isolating tissue present at the time of infection from that which will grow after. This is the strongest wall, and often the only one which will completely halt the spread of infection. When only the fourth wall remains intact, the result is something most people have seen walking through the woods or in a park: a living tree with a completely rotted-out interior. In such cases, all the tissue present at the time of injury has become infected, but new healthy tissue has been allowed to continue to grow outside of the fourth wall.

Hey rope I think yer alright man, goin the distance for the good ol boys!:clap:

Back