Show me your firewood storage/shed/rack......please :-)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I were to build my ultimate wood area/tractor storage/garage/man cave it would be very similar to Hedgerow's. I've seen some of his other pics showing the garage adjacent the wood shed with the large pad covering the area in front of both, near perfect.
His pics aren't showing for me?

100_0719.JPG

Here's one shot. 16'x25' with 8 foot sliding door, 90% PT lumber, concrete floor. I have installed a metal roof since this pic.
I have discovered perforated barn metal that I hope to install one day and do away with tarps.
I also ran power from OWB to the shed for light.
I stack all the wood on 4x4 landscape timbers.

Attachments

• 100_0717.JPG
    100_0717.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 30
Last edited:
I keep this 8 ft Rubbermaid box outside my door and fill it up every 10 days or so. works great!

Attachments

• IMAG13551741223714.jpg
    IMAG13551741223714.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 81
  • IMAG1357355129117.jpg
    IMAG1357355129117.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 75
woodstack 002.jpg

I built this simple rack in my garage out of 2 by 4's. It is 12 feet long and the uprights are 4 feet high. It is 16" wide.
I mix a bit of hedge in every burn so I put a divider in so that 1/3 of the rack is for hedge and the other 8 feet is for elm, black cherry, oak, or whatever else I'm burning. I put it up on 8" by 8" by 16" cinder blocks so air could get up through the wood to dry off any surface moisture. It is also easier to clean up under. I think I only have about $40 in the whole thing.

I built this simple rack in my garage out of 2 by 4's. It is 12 feet long and the uprights are 4 feet high. It is 16" wide.
I mix a bit of hedge in every burn so I put a divider in so that 1/3 of the rack is for hedge and the other 8 feet is for elm, black cherry, oak, or whatever else I'm burning. I put it up on 8" by 8" by 16" cinder blocks so air could get up through the wood to dry off any surface moisture. It is also easier to clean up under. I think I only have about $40 in the whole thing.

That's nice and neat and obviously effective.

good grief charlie brown!!!!!!!!!!! that thing would cost $5000 just to build with all that treated lumber. sure looks nice tho

did a similar search myself just to see if they had a price for that treated monstrosity
now this looks interesting....

wood-shed-tree2.jpg

wood-shed-tree1.jpg

Here are mine. There is another wood rack behind the fence that will be making a transformation into a kid playhouse on the top of the wood rack this next year. The two wood racks in the picture hold about 8 cord total with about 2.5 cord in the back rack which is generally enough for 2.5 - 3 years depending on the winter we have. As you can see I have a few other projects materials floating around and a wood area that my kids have yet to clean up.
Both Wood Racks Full.JPGFull left wood rack.JPG

Latest posts

Back