Show me your Woodshed designs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1 inch schedule 40 conduit. The top is a 10 mil tarp 12x24 it was a bit long by about 12 feet lol. It took some strength to hold the pvc while I screwed it down. 1 1/4 may be a bit hard to handle but it probably depends on the radius. Mines about 6 feet.

I built this one this weekend. The house came with a swingset/playhouse that I had no use for, so I salvaged the roof and posts and bought a few boards to build this. I need to get one more board to hold the pallets on the left side before I can call it done.
18882310_885731989440_8462626806202289639_n.jpg

I built this one this weekend. The house came with a swingset/playhouse that I had no use for, so I salvaged the roof and posts and bought a few boards to build this. I need to get one more board to hold the pallets on the left side before I can call it done.
Still looks like a pretty cool play house to me.

View attachment 573826 View attachment 573827 View attachment 573828

Heres our 40x80 "woodshed" We can get almost 11 cord stacked under that 80' lean to. That side faces south, the wood cooks under there and never gets wet. That is our premium wood.
Great design of that barn putting the lean-to overhang on that south side like that.
I've been stacking out in the open on pallets and now's the time to build myself a lean-to. Was pricing out the lumber yesterday.
Looking at about 32' long x 4' deep to get about 6 cords under cover.
It'll be stand alone along the side of my property at back and have PT framing(4x4 posts, 2x8 beams, 2x4 rafters, metal roof).

That looks interesting.
Will be good air flow.

Whats the dimensions 8ftx8ft

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

That looks interesting.
Will be good air flow.

Thanks. That was the thinking when I decided to use the pallets for the walls.

Whats the dimensions 8ftx8ft

A little bit under that because I sized it to reuse the roofing and posts. It's 7'3" wide and 8' deep. Just over 5' tall in the back to just over 7' tall in the front

IMG_3705.jpg
This is from post #53, and was taken last fall, with a full woodshed. We burnt maybe four cord total in two wood stoves, pulling from the left back corner of the shed and two rows from the righthand side, by the tools and misc. lumber storage. I've spent sometime clearing the center isle for winter storage of equipment so the garage can be used as a garage this winter. I also changed the orientation of stacking where I did move wood for isle access and replenishment. I'm almost done with the restacking, then need go through the tool/lumber section, which has become a crowded catch- all. This winter we will be burning some junk wood that in the years past I have given away. It will be covered outdoors and brought in on a pallet jack, one pallet at a time to burn. So less firewood storage needed in the woodshed. IMG_4781.jpg IMG_4783.jpgIMG_4779.jpg IMG_4782.jpgIMG_4785.jpgIMG_4784.jpg These boxes of junk will get pallets and netting.

IMG_4788.jpg
Not done, but definitely worth the effort to reclaim this space and put it to better use. Maybe add some track and sliding doors. The red tamper has a permanent home under the farring stem. It has humbled me many times.IMG_4463.jpgThis is what it looked like when I started in the back left corner. Three rows plus in the middle isle.

Pretty fancy barn there. Like something I saw in a movie about a rich horse rancher down south.
257083-1e022884435950e0736e1bdfa993d2b2.jpg

This barn is located on a Lake Michigan estate. Your right, big bucks, lots of glass. It is a very old building and they have kept up very well. I have no idea who owns it, but would love a tour inside. Not sure if there is a second floor, or open and surround windows. Either way, it is sharp compared to a pole barn.

Finally started my woodshed. 24'L x 5'D average height is 7'.
My wood is cut 20"L
6.49 cords
Used reclaimed 2x10's treated and cover sheets from pole barn build along with scraps. Not finished or pretty but getting there. I have $200 into it but may have to paint it as the metal colors are ugly
My brother has some reclaimed 4x4's he's giving me & I will install them on ends to stack against. Vertical supports sitting on poured concrete below frost line. Used galvanized sinkers with my nail gun. Most of the wood is treated.
I may add roll-up tarps across the front.

Attachments

• IMG_3086.JPG
    IMG_3086.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 98
  • IMG_3087.JPG
    IMG_3087.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 106
  • IMG_3088.JPG
    IMG_3088.JPG
    5 MB · Views: 110
  • IMG_3109.JPG
    IMG_3109.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 94
That's a pretty healthy wood shed. I leave mine open. The back of the shed is to the wind, so I seldom have rain blow in. But, if you have the tarp, it's easy to drop when the snow hits, Joe.

dda5a20ba1d2500840e737d2382b7e5c.jpg

Pic of one I just finished. Its around 15x8 foot. Cemented in 6 4x4s then made a basic frame, one 2x4x8 strung across each foot or so. Shouldve used 4x8x8s but used the bords I had lying around. Just threw some bricks under for supports. Used 3/4 plywood for floor. Made sides, then made a frame similar to the floor but instead used metal sheets for the roof. Screwed it all together and this is what came out. Will hold almost 6 full chord of wood easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMG_3165.JPG
Finally started my woodshed. 24'L x 5'D average height is 7'.
My wood is cut 20"L
6.49 cords
Used reclaimed 2x10's treated and cover sheets from pole barn build along with scraps. Not finished or pretty but getting there. I have $200 into it but may have to paint it as the metal colors are ugly
My brother has some reclaimed 4x4's he's giving me & I will install them on ends to stack against. Vertical supports sitting on poured concrete below frost line. Used galvanized sinkers with my nail gun. Most of the wood is treated.
I may add roll-up tarps across the front.
Finished it today and loaded it up!
Holds 5.83 cords.
Was given used 4x4's so attached to ends for wood to stack against. Then I was given 5-1/4" x 1-1/4" fencing so nailed on ends. Used pallets for floor.

These are old pictures of soon after I built it a couple of years ago. Barn 16X16, each overhang is 12X16 for a total of 16X40. It holds 6 cords per side. I doubt I will ever have that much, but you can't be too careful. FYI, it looks kind of weird in the first picture because I did a panorama with my phone. Barn Front.jpg Barn Side.jpg

IMG_4636_zpsfgn2s8oy.jpg

I bought a bundle of "downfall" treated lumber from our local lumberyard. I don't know why they sold it as clearance. There was nothing wrong with it. I didn't complain, I was happyto get it.

I built this woodshed out of that lumber. I can store 2 years worth of firewood. This pictures was from a few years ago when I built it. There's a stack to the right under tarps now too.

Back