Show Us Your Brag Load

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2013-10-30_13-23-22_961.jpg

I wish I had pics but it was before i was at the shop, maybe 10ish years ago.
Had a guy come buy with a new to him mid 90s F350 single rear with a 12ft long flatbed.
Not sure what the truck had been setup for, but it was quite a bit of bed for a non duallie.

He loaded on a very generous 3 cords of green birch, figure in the area of 8 tons of wood.
Made it about 2 miles and one of his rear wheels came off, busted all the studs.

Ended up having to replace the rear axle too, it was bent pretty badly.

Had a guy call last week, argued that his F250 and bumper pull 20something ft trailer could haul 10 cords. Gave up on convincing mr know it all... whatever, we'll load 100 cords on the darn thing if that's what you want.

He came by... trailer was just a light duty car trailer, 5 lug axles.
Barely got 2 cords loaded and everthing was pretty well screaming and he realized we weren't b/sing him.

He was hauling it to Valdez, a pretty long drive though a few ugly grades.

Or this summer we sorted through all the lumber racks and put all the "B" grade lumber for sale at $1/board.

A guy showed up with a full size Bronco and stuffed in a good 250 1 and 2 bys, anything from 8 to 12ft long. It was so back heavy as he pulled out of the yard his front tires were coming off the ground and the wood was hitting the dirt!

View attachment 455412 View attachment 455411 View attachment 455410... This may be the biggest load yet, about a third of a cord. ...

No doubt it's a good sized load for the little thing but that looks more like 1/6 of a cord to me. I love those old 3 wheelers, wish I had one to bomb around. I use to work for an old farmers wife pulling weeds in her garden and she would let us take the 3 wheeled gold cart around the farm. Not as capable as a normal 3 wheeler but lots of entertainment.

Nice, I wish I hade a K20 or K30 frame on my truck. Of course I'd like a stronger axle too. That's my next phase of my truck, 14 bolt axles and a clean K20/30 frame. Then I can take the body off and do a little repair too.

Nice truck! She hadn't seen too many MN winters. My cats could enter and exit my old 350 through the cab corner holes.
Yeah its pretty solid for a 26 yr old truck in MN! It used to be owned by the MN DNR and it just turned over 100k. I especially like it because it is the stripped down version with manual hubs, windows, locks, vinyl bench seat and floor and always starts even when it's been sitting for months and it's -17. (Did that) The best part is I never have to worry about hurting it!

Back