Show Us Your Brag Load

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
QUOTE="MountainHigh, post: 5720216, member: 112960"]Not my load, but thats a pretty BIG load Right there . . . . :eek::surprised3:
Evidently Port McNeil Vancouver Island - on private road!
and I'm pretty sure it's not photoshoped.

[/QUOTE]

either way, biggest I have ever seen... even on Gold Rush tv show... lol... and I have seen some big stuff come on down out of the High Cascades, Snoqualmie area... when we were young kids taveling... whenever we came across a big load of timber, wood... etc,... Dad wouldn't say, 45 cords there... LOL... always would say, "full block of houses for sure... "

to Dad: :bowdown:DAD, R.I.P. one of the Pacific NW's best gunsmiths, shooters and White Hunter.

Sawyer Rob: like that PTO log splitter you have there. looks to be HD all the way. real nice! how many TONS is it rated at? when u have it up and operating do you have to support the free end underneath at all? what brand is it, if you don't mind my asking?....

My splitter is a Timberwolf TW3HD, and I've not found ANYTHING that will stop it, The little Deutz diesel powering it, just sips fuel and purr's away...

standard.jpg

EVERYTHING get's pushed through the 4-way wedge,

standard.jpg

No support is needed on the end,

standard.jpg

I like the way it's "self propelled", I can drive it right out where I need it. It's fast and extremely well made, it's one of my best buys!

SR

That's because that's my helper in the pict., with the chainsaw.....not me!
orig.gif
lol

SR

oic! got me on the age bit, but then I prob just missed the 'Sr.' sign off. lol me? I am a Jr. Awesome! sure sums up my impression(s) on that splitter. thanks for the info and such. plan to ck it out online....

MAN! another monster load... from the high country! that certainly would make Paul Bunyan smile... his blue ox, Babe too, no doubt! impressive to say the least... however... smiles aside... are there any vids of these kind of loads coming down the spirly mountain roads...? I know the crew I ran with in the high timber din't load like this!!! doubt we could have evern found a driver 'brave enough'... heck down south here... on regular roads... they tip 'em over on a regular basis... and we are not talking too high of a center of gravity... still, this un here... no doubt is a classic: gotta love it!! lol

file in: cool lumberjack pix!

Don't know if this has been posted before but here is a good conversation starter for you guys...

image.jpg

I can see the Craigslist ad now: For sale, good firewood truck!

seeing is believing... as in seeing the unbelievable! wonder how that rear bumper handles the dips and bumps of road travel?... omg! :rolleyes:

well, not to be outdone in the world of [toot! - toot!!] show us your brag load... here is my weekend brag load! on wheels, too i mite add, pun intended - 2 wheel wheel barrow... kinda proud of it... :)

nice pile of split cedar kindling! 10 cu ft wheel barrow is about half full... was about 1/3 full with first batch. 7 - 8 cu ft split cedar kindling! should end up with 6 - 8 or so packed brown paper grocery bags full, which is how I pack it away for dry keeping and easy use access. I augment the cedar with never-run-out pine tree twings (got plenty). think that cedar kindling is hard to beat... lits fast, easy and burns hot. so what do you think? worthy of being a brag load?... albeit at the other end of the scale?? ;)

P1010012.JPG

well, not to be outdone in the world of [toot! - toot!!] show us your brag load... here is my weekend brag load! on wheels, too i mite add, pun intended - 2 wheel wheel barrow... kinda proud of it... :)

nice pile of split cedar kindling! 10 cu ft wheel barrow is about half full... was about 1/3 full with first batch. 7 - 8 cu ft split cedar kindling! should end up with 6 - 8 or so packed brown paper grocery bags full, which is how I pack it away for dry keeping and easy use access. I augment the cedar with never-run-out pine tree twings (got plenty). think that cedar kindling is hard to beat... lits fast, easy and burns hot. so what do you think? worth of being a brag load?... albeit at the other end of the scale?? ;)

View attachment 481215

I put a single cookie in my one truck earlier this year.

MVC-004S_7.JPG

Don't know if this has been posted before but here is a good conversation starter for you guys...

image.jpg

There is a guy that does trash pickup as a side job where I live. He is one of 3 companies that do it here in the village and his truck looks almost that bad. It has some kind of slip-in trash handler in the bed of his pickup.

image.jpg

oooooooo man,,would a hwy patrol,,or DOT have a blast with him!!!!!!!!! when they got done with the tickets...the value of the truck and wood,,wouldn't equal 1% of the fines?????

Back