Show your Wood Stove

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here’s my heat beast
65a3ec7e68ec26607e2ecb3bf76c5f1a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is the first wood-burning stove that I have seen here with the front door hinging downward. Truly a remarkable achievement, I am surprised that other stove MFG's have not offered it.

My best to you, Grizz. Let us know how well it works in January to help heat your house. I suspect it is going to be truly exceptional.

I grew up with my parents heating their 1200 square foot house with the same stove. We put many forests through that baby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is the first wood-burning stove that I have seen here with the front door hinging downward. Truly a remarkable achievement, I am surprised that other stove MFG's have not offered it.

My best to you, Grizz. Let us know how well it works in January to help heat your house. I suspect it is going to be truly exceptional.
I thought all the old Blaze Kings had those style doors. In fact I thought that stove is one.

Just put this Lopi in this past summer. It replaced an Earth Stove Hotshot.
View attachment 692930
My biggest customer (8 truckloads) has one of these and swears by it. He only burns ash, oak, walnut, hard maple, locust, and red elm. I finally talked him into red elm after he almost stocked me out on all the rest. He claims he sends a truckload through the chimney every four weeks. I have to be careful that all the log lengths are 18" or less. He says this stove really burns hot, and I have no choice but to believe him (and Erik B).

So it heats hot water for baseboard heat or domestic hot water?

It an elaborate system. It first heats our tapwater (250l) , secondary it heats 750l central heating water. After that, it heats 3x 2000l bufferwater wich is cooled down by the central heating return water. If that overheats, it is used to dry our firewood.
And the heater is supported by 20m2 solar heating. Wich is the main cause for an overheated system.
We went off grid/oil for the heating part.
Almost 500m2 household (multiple family household).
I want to add a wood gasifier for the more extreme winters.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

upload_2018-12-28_17-14-2.jpeg
This is my insert which is in a cabin I bought. Cannot find a brand or any information on the unit. Any ideas on what this might be? It has a front & rear air lever and wish I had a manual on operation. I do know pulling both levers out limits air and slows the burn.
Thanks in advance.

Nice lookin stoves guys.

Here's mine. It's a "Woodstock Soapstone". My friend got it for me for free, said his neighbor was gonna dig a hole and push it in because he didn't feel like wrestling it around. It's served me well for ~10 yrs but I'll be upgrading soon because soapstone just doesn't throw the heat.

NrKsn8H.jpg

And this Vermont Casting Vigilant, my backup stove if it gets real cold AND I feel like keeping up with 2 woodstoves.

DI3EHA6.jpg

It an elaborate system. It first heats our tapwater (250l) , secondary it heats 750l central heating water. After that, it heats 3x 2000l bufferwater wich is cooled down by the central heating return water. If that overheats, it is used to dry our firewood.
And the heater is supported by 20m2 solar heating. Wich is the main cause for an overheated system.
We went off grid/oil for the heating part.
Almost 500m2 household (multiple family household).
I want to add a wood gasifier for the more extreme winters.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Interesting system, sounds unique. That is a large house!
What is the name of the maker?

Back