sick tree

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PRN

Reaction score
PICT2747.JPGPICT2748.JPGPICT2749.JPG
PICT2750.JPG

Hello all,
Looking for some advice on the tree in my front yard. It is a Korean Lilac Dwarf, it's approximately 10 years old, and the bare spots and burnt looking leaves started last month. Does anyone have any input on what may be the issue, and can it be saved? From what I read, I think the problem may be Lilac blight, but not sure. Any help would be appreciated.

Cant tell from the pics if it is blight or not but.... i would cut it back by 1/3, and then thin the remaining twigs by 1/3- focusing on dead twigs. This will allow for air and light to pass thru the plant and less leaves to have to support initially. And then give it a good drink of water

Looking at the pictures again, it might get too much heat from the bricks, but hard to say for sure.

Thank you for the feedback. I took your advice Redlawn and cut a bunch of it back. We will see what happens, hopefully I can save it. It sure has been a hot summer, but I haven't had this problem before. The house faces East, so the sun is not that bad on it, and it is cut back from the brick about 8-10 inches. Thanks again, and I will try to post some updated pictures.

Latest posts

Back