Siderius Logging

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would NEVER recommend Siderius after the job they did up here in the Stillwater state forest. They violated streamside management laws and in doing so screwed up our dog trail. We have been taking hundreds of people a year into the Stillwater State forest for dog sled rides and in the 23 years of operating here we have never encountered such an inconsiderate and ignorant logging company. We have spend days and days cleaning up their mess. To top it off they drove onto our trail today right after we finally got a nice base of snow. Now we have muddy truck tire ruts down a good chunk of the trail. We have tons of customers coming and now part of the trail is trashed. The funny part is that they said they were seeding!!! Who seeds in 1 plus feet of show -ignorant morons. All you Siderius fans should get to know the real way these low class loggers operate.

Are you the guys/gals that have the truck with the big dogbox on the back of it that are in a lot of the local parades?

I would NEVER recommend Siderius after the job they did up here in the Stillwater state forest. They violated streamside management laws and in doing so screwed up our dog trail. We have been taking hundreds of people a year into the Stillwater State forest for dog sled rides and in the 23 years of operating here we have never encountered such an inconsiderate and ignorant logging company. We have spend days and days cleaning up their mess. To top it off they drove onto our trail today right after we finally got a nice base of snow. Now we have muddy truck tire ruts down a good chunk of the trail. We have tons of customers coming and now part of the trail is trashed. The funny part is that they said they were seeding!!! Who seeds in 1 plus feet of show -ignorant morons. All you Siderius fans should get to know the real way these low class loggers operate.

So, have you talked to the forester in charge? Have you seen the contract? Or did you just start bashing on line without checking out the facts?

Sometimes, bad things happen because the folks putting out the contract forget stuff. Like protecting a trail. On the federal ground, if it aint on the sale area map, it doesn't exist. If the logger is forced to go to extra work to protect it, he/she can file a claim for reimbursement.

This ignorant moron has allowed seeding on top of snow, because IT WAS IN THE CONTRACT TO SEED DURING A CERTAIN TIMEFRAME AND ON UP TO A FOOT OF SNOW. So somewhere, it must have worked.

That's the question. WHAT WAS REQUIRED IN THE CONTRACT. If they failed to perform as required, then you should raise a ruckus about it to somebody who can actually do something about it. If they performed according to contractual requirements, then you need to talk to the agency about their lack of planning. But don't whine on a forum where most of us are nowhere near where you live.

And yes, we have too many staring forests. Now, be sure to scoop that dog poop if the trail is in a riparian area!

Not backing up Siderius here. . . But you're coming across as some out-of-state elitist hippy transplant. I reckon if you've been in Olney 23 years, you might be good folks, but you certainly aren't laying it down that way.

If you have a groomed trail, then you must have a lease? If you do, take some pictures of the damage and send a copy of the bill to the regional office, and a copy to Siderius.

I grew up in Olney for a spell while my old man logged up there 1980-82.

Your first post on AS and you use it to criticize and defame somebody who isn't here to defend themselves? That sounds a little self serving to me and we really don't like to operate that way.

Normally a post like yours would be deleted immediately but I'd like to give you a chance to present actual facts and not hysterical diatribes with nothing to back them up. You need to do that right away. Like tomorrow at the very latest.

What does the regulatory agency for that part of the woods have to say about the alleged damage to your trail? Have you sat down with the loggers and tried to reason things out? Is anybody contemplating enforcement action...breach of contract etc....against the logger?

Any pictures or other documentation?

A forester can't stop operations because they think something might happen. They have to wait till it is being done or done. It is a job where the mistakes show for a while. That's the way it is.

I know of a few problem loggers. But I sure don't post their names on the internet!

And, no matter how good the logger, logging isn't pretty. But ugly doesn't hurt the woods.

I've been a forester, and found out that everybody knows more than the forester about the forest.
Maybe that's why there are so many fires.

Last edited:
The forester made a mistake by letting them in, but common sense should have told them not to drive over our groomed trail w/ a truck. They know there is a dog sledding operation running here. Thank goodness we didn't have a team with customers. They were parked over the trail blocking all passage and were not even by the truck at that point. If they had some respect they would have gotten out and seeded on foot -some tough loggers -can't even walk a 1/4 mile on a packed trail w/ some bags of seeds.

During their logging in the beginning of the year they ignored the streamside management zone which was clearly marked in the contract and on the ground. The forester stopped them from using that section of road because they were in violation. Unfortunately the damage had already been done. It is their responsibility to be aware of the rules of their tracts. It was just an easier way of getting the logs out and they thought nobody would notice. If they were so dumb that they did not understand the contract and the survey tape then I would still call them an irresponsible company.

We do have lease with the state and no motorized vehicles are allowed on the trail Dec-March.

I thought someone from Siderius might be on this site!

Yes we are the one with the big dog box in the parades.:msp_rolleyes:

As far as we know there isn't anyone from Siderius on this site. They'd be more than welcome to join and tell their side of this.

Have you tried talking to Siderius directly? Did the State Forester give you any ideas for remedial action?

All we've heard so far are complaints and criticism. We need to hear what you plan on doing about the situation.

And you need to hold back on the personal insults. You can state the facts as you know them but we try to keep things civil here.

Also, we're a little puzzled as to your aims and intent. If you're seeking redress from Siderius I doubt if an internet forum is the place to be.

Several of our members seem to familiar with your outfit. They might have more specific advice for you. As a matter of fact, I'd bet on it.

Nobody from Siderius is on here that I'm aware of.

Knowing you have a lease with the state, and knowing what the lease entitles you to -- this post on here was just a way for you to publicly trash a company not here to defend themselves.

They ruined your trail, great! Nobody here can do squat about it, call the regional office like you should have done in the first place.

I was just trying to let the people know that if they are looking for a company to hire that will follow the rules set forth, don't hire Siderius, because they have proven to have no respect for state forestry laws.

I was just trying to let the people know that if they are looking for a company to hire that will follow the rules set forth, don't hire Siderius, because they have proven to have no respect for state forestry laws.

Just wondering, did you join AS today for the reason of bashing Siderius Logging?

Latest posts

Back