Simonized saws.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've posted it before, & I'll post it again, quite appropriately IMO: Deja vu...again.

I have no horse in this race, and I don't like repeating what has already been posted, but in a thread with this many posts it can't be avoided.

Simon, you mentioned the tough times that you went through six years ago on AS, yet you are still posting the same kind of replies that caused the problems six years ago. Your 'take my word for it, or don't use my services' attitude is not going to fly with the folks here on AS, the same as it didn't fly six years ago. I've done a lot of internet searching, and have found very little information on your work from folks who actually use your modded saws.

I sincerely hope that you get some of your modded saws in the hands of some active AS members who will give them a thorough professional workout, and post the results. Until this happens, you should seriously consider posting some before and after videos of your work. Videos won't accurately show the results that different users might experience, but they will at least give folks an idea of what to expect from your modifications.

Simon, I wish you the best of luck getting more business via ArboristSite. The main issue is you really need to understand that a lot of that is going to depend on you being less defensive, and more willing to show the results of your work. Cleverly worded responses that avoid answering the hard questions won't cut it with the AS crowd.

Sincerely,

Chris J.

I've posted it before, & I'll post it again, quite appropriately IMO: Deja vu...again.

I have no horse in this race, and I don't like repeating what has already been posted, but in a thread with this many posts it can't be avoided.

Simon, you mentioned the tough times that you went through six years ago on AS, yet you are still posting the same kind of replies that caused the problems six years ago. Your 'take my word for it, or don't use my services' attitude is not going to fly with the folks here on AS, the same as it didn't fly six years ago. I've done a lot of internet searching, and have found very little information on your work from folks who actually use your modded saws.

I sincerely hope that you get some of your modded saws in the hands of some active AS members who will give them a thorough professional workout, and post the results. Until this happens, you should seriously consider posting some before and after videos of your work. Videos won't accurately show the results that different users might experience, but they will at least give folks an idea of what to expect from your modifications.

Simon, I wish you the best of luck getting more business via ArboristSite. The main issue is you really need to understand that a lot of that is going to depend on you being less defensive, and more willing to show the results of your work. Cleverly worded responses that avoid answering the hard questions won't cut it with the AS crowd.

Sincerely,

Chris J.

Yes! I agree. Go look back through all of his threads from years ago, they are very similar, they all end up the same, they all have no info from him.

The "percentage gains" I have seen posted here are worthless, and more likely to be misleading than informative. Even with a dyno, there would be errors in the estimated gains that would have to be reported.

Videos might be fun to look at, but aren't any more informative. There was a thread awhile back where people were actually voting on which of 2 saws, in different wood, in different parts of the country, at different times of year, was the most powerful.

Anyone who thinks "percent gains" or videos makes their gamble safer is fooling themselves. Great entertainment and good for barroom bets, but that's about it.

I like Simon's style. "Buy it or don't" tells me he knows that videos or botched attempts at math aren't worth the time it takes to generate them. If I was the kind of person who'd pay money to have the work done (instead of being the type of guy with a basement full of unfinished projects), I'd send him one today and see for myself.

Of course, if you'd rather hunt for someone who is willing to blow a little smoke up your ass, I'm guessing you won't have far to look.

THAT would be useful information.

That says it all. I've always liked simon's style. I've seen too many builder's work bragged upon in this site just to have a mass turnaround and virtual lynching later. Truth is you're taking the word of any man who builds saws when you buy from them--doesn't matter how many videos they post. The fact that simon doesn't blow smoke up your ass is refreshing. I like it.

Last edited:
That says it all. I've always liked simon's style. I've seen too many builder's work bragged upon in this site just to have a mass turnaround and virtual lynching later. Truth is you're taking the word of any may who builds saws when you buy from them--doesn't matter how many videos they post. The fact that simon doesn't blow smoke up your ass is refreshing. I like it.

Now we have two people blowing smoke.

At this rate pretty soon we will have a smokescreen.:hmm3grin2orange:

An endorsement from voidjackass...

yeah, that's just what Simonizer needs :msp_rolleyes: :dizzy: :msp_scared:.

What I see is a bunch of grown men whining and crying here because the man is his own man and isn't going to dance and sing to whatever tune you want. As he said, if you're not interested, go somewhere else. Why does that bother you?

What I see is a bunch of grown men whining and crying here because the man is his own man and isn't going to dance and sing to whatever tune you want. As he said, if you're not interested, go somewhere else. Why does that bother you?

Having just gone and reread the guidelines here at AS, methinks that there is a very good chance that you have violated them with the above statement. Making statements characterizing others in a negative way is an attack on another person's character.

Having just gone and reread the guidelines here at AS, methinks that there is a very good chance that you have violated them with the above statement. Making statements characterizing others in a negative way is an attack on another person's character.

Tell you what sunshine, why don't you go and report my post.

I hate it when I agree with Space. I know where you guys are coming from, but I find it amusing that most here seem more concerned with Simon's profit potential than Simon himself is. You'd think you were shareholders.

Sounds like Simon is going to work with Indiansprings to get you guys what you want anyway, so now maybe a little more patience and a little less badgering is in order.

Indiansprings, are you planning to give a "seat of the pants feel" report, or will you try to generate numbers? If the latter, I have some suggestions that will help make the numbers mean something.

Videos are better than nothing, and so far Simon has given us nothing.:msp_rolleyes:

I don't agree. I ran some numbers from some videos that were posted to show comparisons once...I was told the videos weren't useful.

Just saw simon's name and had to see what was up. I won't be on here much though. :cheers:

Semi-retired?? Seem to be a growing trend these days. Some way crazy old coot steal dealer south of the Mason Dixon line is saying the same thing.

Back