Simonized saws.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simonizer

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Ok, shop is complete. Ready for business. Cost of mods are; MS460 $275.00 MS660 $275.00. 372XP $400.00. 390XP $350.00. Fairly busy so give me about 10 days to have your machine back UPS. If you wish to purchase the saw call 250 898-5212. Howe Sound equipment. Chris will send the saw to me and I will mod it and send it to you. Cheers, Simon.

Just out of curiosity what all is done in one of your Mod sessions?
port/polish, muff mod, set squish, pop up, filter charge, super charge, turbo charge, NOS, Big bore? just kiddin but is it just a tuned woods port?

Just out of curiosity what all is done in one of your Mod sessions?
port/polish, muff mod, set squish, pop up, filter charge, super charge, turbo charge, NOS, Big bore? just kiddin but is it just a tuned woods port?
This would be a saw used professionally by fallers primarily. There are 1100-1200 out there killing trees as we speak. Depends on the saw. All have cylinder and piston work. All have muffler mods, the 372 and 390 are more expensive due to different ignition coils and a completely different piston in the case of the 372. I am not new to this.;)

Are there any numbers like % of performance gains? (like per saw type maybe?)
Yes. Any claims will adulterate this thread with mumbo-jumbo though. Suffice it to say I have been building saws for guys that are twice my size and half my age. They feed their families and pay their mortgages with equipment I build. If I was not the real deal, I would get the crap beaten out of me everyday by 300 fallers in BC. As an engineer I could elaborate about technical crap ad nauseum. I made that mistake 6 years ago on Arboristsite and although I remained busy, was regarded as the arrogant "Doogie Howser" of saws. Fallers don't care about physics, they care about production, reliability, and integrity. They get paid by how much wood they put on the ground.

Are there any numbers like % of performance gains? (like per saw type maybe?)

Yup that would be some good advertisement and info for us, % gains that you can achieve from each saw that you mod.

I know it would vary but a rough idea.

Thanks Rick

... I made that mistake 6 years ago on Arboristsite and although I remained busy, was regarded as the arrogant "Doogie Howser" of saws.

Yup. Whatever happened to those saws you were going to send to Red Bluff a couple of years ago? The ones you said you sent. I don't claim to know every faller in the area but I never could find anybody who'd run one of your saws...or even heard of you.

How 'bout a local reference or two?

I do agree with Simon on using percentages. It really tells you nothing and is for the most part subjective because of the number of factors that differ, the wood, the chain, the user etc.

If I were Simon and really wanted to display my work, I'd take a stock saw of each model he is offering and his typical modification and he himself run a video of the stock saw and then the modded saw and let the customer form their own opinion if they want it done.

As most have witnessed on AS there can be a lot of difference in the performance gained depending on the one doing the modding and results can even run different from saw to saw with the same modder.

Simon, I would also state on the front side what kind of warranty if any on any saw on the frontside to prevent issues after the fact.
That there is no questions should a saw grenade after a weeks running, I know it is rare but **** always happens, murphy's law.

Yup that would be some good advertisement and info for us, % gains that you can achieve from each saw that you mod.

Thanks Rick
My "pet" project was the 372. I have fallers in BC, don't know how many, maybe 80 or so running them with 32 or 34" Tsumura bars, 75ga. They love them because they are light and smooth and out cut the 390's and 660's that are stock. My saws are about torque, not a 15000 rpm limbing machine.

how about any kind of proof of what you can do for a saw? doesnt help any of us that do not know you or your "clients" that are making a living with your saws. seems like weve been thru this before.

Thanks Rick

how about any kind of proof of what you can do for a saw? doesnt help any of us that do not know you or your "clients" that are making a living with your saws. seems like weve been thru this before.

Yes, many people have asked, and he seems to dance around the questions real well.

I just want to see some of his saws run, video would be good.

I don't have proof. But I do have confidence and experience and integrity. Send me a 460, I will mod it and send it back to you for free. If you are not shocked at the difference, don't pay me a dime. When you are shocked, and you will be, still have it for free, but please never question my work after that. Save this post. I will stand behind it.

I am just a bystander, but I would not send my saw to someone to modify who could not provide references or a video demonstrating the quality of the work to be performed. If this is your "business" it should not be a problem.

By the way, British Columbia is 365,000 square miles and 4.5 million people. Likely there are many professional saw owners and operators who are not familiar with you.

Asking someone to "trust" you will not cut it with this crowd. If you want to do business, be prepared to provide evidence of the quality and durability of your work.

This thread was started primarily to let customers know how to contact me and what my prices are. I don't want to debate or brag. If you don't want my services, then there are other threads to read. If you do, just call. Cheers, Simon.

I think i remember you saying that you only mod new saws, is that still the case or am i remembering wrong? Just curious. Look forward to vids!

ge golly , sure simon ill get that 460 boxed up and sent right out to you. im sure id be amazed.but theres only so much that can be done for a woods port and it still be a work saw. i can make them run just fine on my own. so why dont you just send me one to test and ill send it back after i have my results. and ill post the saw in action cutting timber for all to see.

I'll probably get banned for this...but Simon, I'm calling you out.

Please read post #8 and reply with some kind of definitive answer. I have a question pending here and I think a lot of people besides myself would like to hear what you have to say.

Back