Simonized saws.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think i remember you saying that you only mod new saws, is that still the case or am i remembering wrong? Just curious. Look forward to vids!
I have modded the odd saw with time on it but only for friends. I have a customer in Wisconsin that just sent me a 660. He is a repeat customer and was gracious enough to thoroughly clean it. It is in my shop apart right now. I am a bit pissed about customs charging $54.00 to get it across the border. Very odd.

I'll probably get banned for this...but Simon, I'm calling you out.

Please read post #8 and reply with some kind of definitive answer. I have a question pending here and I think a lot of people besides myself would like to hear what you have to say.
You won't get banned. That is not harrassment. I sent that saw to another guy in the midwest. He actually contacted me tonight. He ran it and sent it back as requested.

Not trying to get too involved in this but I have seen on this site that there is a member on here with a simonized saw in his sig along with a snellerized saw. I wonder how he likes his simonized saw?? Maybe a few fellas on here that have had you work on there saws will let the rest of us know how they run. And a few videos wouldn't hurt, I fell bad for Brad sometimes when everyone hates on him for posting his videos but hey they are still watching his product cut wood. Good luck with your business. -Matt

All i can say i am glad to see someone besides me get ripped apart here for not making a photo/video doc. Of all saw events in his life. I am sorry it has to be you,i am sure you do fine work. I have shared alot of what i consider confidential info here about stihl saws. All of which has proven to be true,as to when saws are being tested,and will be avail. To the public. But the fact of the matter is,if you dont have pics/videos,you will be whipped like a rented mule. As you can see,you've already got quite an audience...........

All i can say i am glad to see someone besides me get ripped apart here for not making a photo/video doc. Of all saw events in his life. I am sorry it has to be you,i am sure you do fine work. I have shared alot of what i consider confidential info here about stihl saws. All of which has proven to be true,as to when saws are being tested,and will be avail. To the public. But the fact of the matter is,if you dont have pics/videos,you will be whipped like a rented mule. As you can see,you've already got quite an audience...........

I haven't ever really seen you get picked on. :confused:

Not trying to get too involved in this but I have seen on this site that there is a member on here with a simonized saw in his sig along with a snellerized saw. I wonder how he likes his simonized saw?? Maybe a few fellas on here that have had you work on there saws will let the rest of us know how they run. And a few videos wouldn't hurt, I fell bad for Brad sometimes when everyone hates on him for posting his videos but hey they are still watching his product cut wood. Good luck with your business. -Matt
If he has both, then ask him. I am not here to prove my saw building acumen. I am here to let fallers know my new prices and waiting times. You seem like a very aggressive bunch. Very sceptical. If you don't want my saws then by all means get them done by someone else. There are many good builders out there.

This boils down to the fact that the OP indicates that he is providing a service to this community in exchange for monetary gain. Being prudent consumers, the members here have inquired as to what their money will buy.

Unfortunately, the OP has not shared with his potential customers the value that his work might bring. I think that until he is willing to show percentage gains or video evidence of his work the money that could be spent will remain hidden in pockets and wallets.

People want to know what they are buying, there are too many threads here showing what happens when you fail to do your homework.

im not picking on or poking at anyone, i just want to see the bang for your buck that simon says he can give a person. ive seen saws from builder after builder after builder but no one ive met has ever seen a simonized saw. so i find it hard to sit back and not mention the fact that to the veiwers of as want to see the proof in the work before they start buying or sending saws. i wish simon the best of luck in his business,i just want to see with my own two eyes what he has to offer. id be tempted to send him a saw if i had one that was stock. for him to work over. if i see first hand that he builds great saws ill be the first to say he knows his stuff. but til then???????

It's a new day and age on here Simon, there have been more than a few to send saws off to never see them again. There have been more than a few here to send a saw out, get it back and it looked like someone ground out the ports with a butter knife.
Lots of skeptisim, and with good reason with some of the builders we have had. It takes some work to build a reputation now days. You don't have the days where "Yeah, I just ran a saw through a 20" Oak log in 5 seconds, who wants one built?" and have a line of people.
Your departure for a long time isn't helping build a reputation either. You have been a member here for a long time, but hadn't posted in what, two years, then come back and announce you are going to build saws?
I'm not picking sides and smelling armpits here, just getting you up to date with the scene.

ive seen saws from builder after builder after builder but no one ive met has ever seen a simonized saw.

Somehow I can't get this image out of my mind. Perhaps his logo should be "Ported on the inside, polished on the outside".

simoniz-original-wax-hi.jpg

This boils down to the fact that the OP indicates that he is providing a service to this community in exchange for monetary gain. Being prudent consumers, the members here have inquired as to what their money will buy.

Unfortunately, the OP has not shared with his potential customers the value that his work might bring. I think that until he is willing to show percentage gains or video evidence of his work the money that could be spent will remain hidden in pockets and wallets.

People want to know what they are buying, there are too many threads here showing what happens when you fail to do your homework.
McDonald's is a very popular restaurant, they spend millions of dollars advertising, it does not make their food any more nutricious or appealing. They make millions a day. Does that make them the best place to eat in the world? Every city has a very special high-quality dining area. They make nothing in comparison to Burger-King or KFC. I am about quality, not quantity. If you want the equivalent of a "Whistle-dog and fries" when you want a modded saw, then shop in that area. If you want a person that will not let a saw escape his shop until every detail has been perfected, call me.

I've got a three month old 460 that is "broke in". I'm really tempted to get my oldest to make a video of it as it is stock cutting a 24" cant of seasoned red oak and then send the saw to Simon, hanging that chain up and when it returns repeat the process with the same piece of wood and chain. It would either create customers or save members money. I've gambled more than that before.lol I'd just like to have a ball park description of what work would be done on it, before sending it.

If you are in the market of modding saws for fallers....you're in the wrong place. Most folks on here have never heard of the people I deal with. And that's a good thing. Word of mouth is your best friend when modding saws for people who saw for a living.

Best of luck...and for God's sake....don't post a video...the site might explode...lol

mcdonald's is a very popular restaurant, they spend millions of dollars advertising, it does not make their food any more nutricious or appealing. They make millions a day. Does that make them the best place to eat in the world? Every city has a very special high-quality dining area. They make nothing in comparison to burger-king or kfc. I am about quality, not quantity. If you want the equivalent of a "whistle-dog and fries" when you want a modded saw, then shop in that area. If you want a person that will not let a saw escape his shop until every detail has been perfected, call me.
you are poking the bear,and he is ugly when he is pissed. Again,not doubting the quality of your work..........but ,be careful of what you say here.

if you are in the market of modding saws for fallers....you're in the wrong place. Most folks on here have never heard of the people i deal with. And that's a good thing. Word of mouth is your best friend when modding saws for people who saw for a living.

Best of luck...and for god's sake....don't post a video...the site might explode...lol
i would say most of the people who biuld saws for a living,or make their living with a saw,have never even visited or heard of this website.

Back