Simonized saws.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
McDonald's is a very popular restaurant, they spend millions of dollars advertising, it does not make their food any more nutricious or appealing. They make millions a day. Does that make them the best place to eat in the world? Every city has a very special high-quality dining area. They make nothing in comparison to Burger-King or KFC. I am about quality, not quantity. If you want the equivalent of a "Whistle-dog and fries" when you want a modded saw, then shop in that area. If you want a person that will not let a saw escape his shop until every detail has been perfected, call me.

the difference here being that folks have seen a big mac ,whopper,etc. ect. and have something to go by in deciding to buy it or not...

McDonald's is a very popular restaurant, they spend millions of dollars advertising, it does not make their food any more nutricious or appealing. They make millions a day. Does that make them the best place to eat in the world? Every city has a very special high-quality dining area. They make nothing in comparison to Burger-King or KFC. I am about quality, not quantity. If you want the equivalent of a "Whistle-dog and fries" when you want a modded saw, then shop in that area. If you want a person that will not let a saw escape his shop until every detail has been perfected, call me.

Yes, but at least McDonald's provides nutritional information so that the consumer can make an informed choice as to whether to buy their product. We are only asking that you do the same.

If you are in the market of modding saws for fallers....you're in the wrong place. Most folks on here have never heard of the people I deal with. And that's a good thing. Word of mouth is your best friend when modding saws for people who saw for a living.

Best of luck...and for God's sake....don't post a video...the site might explode...lol
You are without a doubt the most diplomatic and intelligent poster on my thread thus far. Cheers, Simon.

Simon, if your interested in doing a deal like I proposed, us doing a video of a dead stock 460 (I'll have to have a young techie shoot it as I'm too old to learn) in a marked seasoned red oak log and then doing an after simonizing video in the exact same log with the exact same chain ( a new stihl RSC out of the box) just pm me with the deal you would cut for the potential advertisement. No tricks, no gimmicks, no showing of internal work. Just the before and after timed cuts. It will either make believers out of people or make them run. lol Or you can shoot the videos, doesn't make any difference to me.

I also think Simon should make a video that shows just exactly what his saws can do. Several videos would be even better.

And, since he claims that fallers are his main customers, let's not have any of that 14" cookie cutting crap. I want to see Simon's saws run in real wood...minimum of 32" That's where you tell what a work saw can really do.

And, maybe, some people who work with Simon's saws and make their living with them might speak up, too. I'd really like to hear from someone who has put a whole season of falling on a Simon saw...that's the proof.

Unfortunately, the OP has not shared with his potential customers the value that his work might bring. I think that until he is willing to show percentage gains or video evidence of his work the money that could be spent will remain hidden in pockets and wallets.

People want to know what they are buying, there are too many threads here showing what happens when you fail to do your homework.

The "percentage gains" I have seen posted here are worthless, and more likely to be misleading than informative. Even with a dyno, there would be errors in the estimated gains that would have to be reported.

Videos might be fun to look at, but aren't any more informative. There was a thread awhile back where people were actually voting on which of 2 saws, in different wood, in different parts of the country, at different times of year, was the most powerful.

Anyone who thinks "percent gains" or videos makes their gamble safer is fooling themselves. Great entertainment and good for barroom bets, but that's about it.

I like Simon's style. "Buy it or don't" tells me he knows that videos or botched attempts at math aren't worth the time it takes to generate them. If I was the kind of person who'd pay money to have the work done (instead of being the type of guy with a basement full of unfinished projects), I'd send him one today and see for myself.

Of course, if you'd rather hunt for someone who is willing to blow a little smoke up your ass, I'm guessing you won't have far to look.

And, maybe, some people who work with Simon's saws and make their living with them might speak up, too. I'd really like to hear from someone who has put a whole season of falling on a Simon saw...that's the proof.

THAT would be useful information.

Yes, but at least McDonald's provides nutritional information so that the consumer can make an informed choice as to whether to buy their product. We are only asking that you do the same.
This is a Husqvarna 372XP. This product is not intended for human consumption, if swallowed, drink 1 cup of chain oil, (castor-based for accelerated elimination), call a physician immediately. The Mg in the cases will produce hydrogen gas when they contact the HCL in your stomach so stay away from open flames. If the Mg does ignite it is a class D fire.

I also think Simon should make a video that shows just exactly what his saws can do. Several videos would be even better.

And, since he claims that fallers are his main customers, let's not have any of that 14" cookie cutting crap. I want to see Simon's saws run in real wood...minimum of 32" That's where you tell what a work saw can really do.

Google Simonized chainsaw. I don't even know who posted that. I think it was Jamie Boyd from Campbell River. Westcoast falling.

Last edited:
We have a video!

[video=youtube;UwM1oHCgwso]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwM1oHCgwso[/video]

Edisto, I agree the percentages gained is the absolute worst way to compare before and after gains. They tell you nothing basically.

I'm with the poster who says, show the saw in real wood, irregardless of who builds a saw the vids of sawing 8x8 cants of basswood or any other soft wood don't mean **** in the real world.

I've got to have one built that will hold up to four or five days a week of hard sawing, mostly in seasoned oak, by us as well as the hired help. One built for racing wouldn't last, the last thing I need is a 15-18k screamer with it all on the top end.

Yes, but the local fine-dining establishments gain a reputation by word-of-mouth, and/or they do their own advertisements where they give you good reason to frequent their establishment. They usually showcase the dishes they make, and/or customer testimonials.

This is a Husqvarna 372XP. This product is not intended for human consumption, if swallowed, drink 1 cup of chain oil, (castor-based for accelerated elimination), call a physician immediately. The Mg in the cases will produce hydrogen gas when they contact the HCL in your stomach so stay away from open flames. If the Mg does ignite it is a class D fire.

Speaking of 372XPs, I have a virtually brand new one sitting in my basement. It's maybe had 5 tanks run through it; probably more like 2-3. I'll offer the same deal as indiansprings: I'll cut a big slice off a marked red oak with box stock chain before and after mods and post videos here for all to see. We can work out a deal on the price in exchange for the free advertisement. PM me if interested.

How much work do you want?

Well Simon, you have a very large audience here. This being the largest chainsaw site and all. I'll also bet most of these folks make more money than most fallers and are just as crazy about saws and probably own more saws. Looks to me like you'd want to works with this crowd a bit. At least some prof that they'll get their saw back after sending it and money.

Speaking of 372XPs, I have a virtually brand new one sitting in my basement. It's maybe had 5 tanks run through it; probably more like 2-3. I'll offer the same deal as indiansprings: I'll cut a big slice off a marked red oak with box stock chain before and after mods and post videos here for all to see. We can work out a deal on the price in exchange for the free advertisement. PM me if interested.

$400 sounds about right.

The Mg in the cases will produce hydrogen gas when they contact the HCL in your stomach so stay away from open flames.

Actually I think the main product would be magnesium chloride with hydrogen as a byproduct (HCL+Mg=MgCl+H2). This is a simple way to view it:

Metal + Acid ---> Metal Salt + Hydrogen

Google Simonized chainsaw. I don't even know who posted that. I think it was Jamie Boyd from Campbell River. Westcoast falling.

Saw the 390. Didn't seem too bad but nothing to get excited about, either. Couldn't find much else on Google except for some third hand information.

I also did an AS search on Simon saws. That was some interesting reading. I'd forgotten that there were two saws that were supposed to go to Red Bluff. I think you sent one of them to Woodsjunkie and he GTG'd it a little but never really put out any kind of professional level of work with it.

Who got the other Red Bluff saw? Chances are I'll know him, either by name, in person, or by reputation. He might be a good reference.

If I don't know him I'll bet Cahoon does. :laugh:

Latest posts

Back