Sinclair 100% Ethanol-Free Gas, anyone use it?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simple Jack

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I was looking at Sinclair 100% Ethanol-free gas 91 octane, and looks like it has 10% Methanol in it. Is that any better than Ethanol or is just as bad or worse?

We put methanol in the fuel in winter to keep it from gelling and for any water in it to keep it from freezing.
Nothing near 10% though! I put maybe a gallon jug in my 500 gallon fuel tank and maybe a cup or two in most fuel tanks.

one place close to me I can get 100LL at a fair price. I can drive a hour or so for 87 Non-Ethanol or Methanol for about the same price as 100LL. Or I can get 110 race fuel that's about 6$ a gal close to where I'm cutting. I have used 100LL a lot the past few years, seems to work great. I just haven't been able to get it for awhile and was trying to find something else to switch to. I found another place to get it from, so all is good now!

When I worked at the airport I got all 100ll I wanted. Had to retune my saws though. Now I just regular 87

When I worked at the airport I got all 100ll I wanted. Had to retune my saws though. Now I just regular 87

I have a 68 RS/SS camaro, rebuilt 370/350 vette motor, > 11:1 compession. I used to be able to drive into airport, fuel up, then do a smoke show/burnout for the gas pumpers. The car ran good on 1:1 AV gas and pump premium (93).

Times have changed.

I still use AV gas in my saws.

We put methanol in the fuel in winter to keep it from gelling and for any water in it to keep it from freezing.
Nothing near 10% though! I put maybe a gallon jug in my 500 gallon fuel tank and maybe a cup or two in most fuel tanks.

That is a virtue of corn-fuel. It don't freeze up unless it sucks up too much water, then separates.

I like iso-propanol (2-propanol) dry gas. Better than methanol.

I have a 68 RS/SS camaro, rebuilt 370/350 vette motor, > 11:1 compession. I used to be able to drive into airport, fuel up, then do a smoke show/burnout for the gas pumpers. The car ran good on 1:1 AV gas and pump premium (93).

Times have changed.

I still use AV gas in my saws.
I still drive out on the run way to fill up where I live

We are lucky, here. Both regular and premium non-ethanol are avaiable. My saws run fine on the regular (87), but I try to put the premium in my boat.

Back