• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

Site has been slow lately...

SawTroll

SawTroll

Information Collector
...is it only a local problem, or is it a general one?

I know that others have complained the last few days as well, in different threads - and I have no trouble on other sites.

Labman

Labman

ArboristSite Guru
I haven't noticed it being slower than usual. There must be some sort of a serious problem because I am not seeing the ads at the top of each page. It is just blank. I never buy anything anyhow, but no ads, no site.

ATpro

ATpro

ArboristSite Operative
Does sometimes slow down for me at times, haven't though much about it because I though it may be a network issue which there is little the Admins of the forum can do about that. In times when there is a lot of traffic on the forum the software may be running up on a SQL query limit and any over limit request to the database is stored in cache till they can be run, this will slow down the site some.

If the forum is on a Shared Server it may be another website eating up the server resources, in the case of Shared Servers they also share resources with all clients on the server. Then there can be a network bottleneck and you would need to monitor the network metrics at the process level for network health. The thing is all these metrics are out of the Forums Administrators ability to control.

The forum slowdown doesn't happen to often so I think it may be a network bottleneck which should clear up on it's own. In viewing the Forum Stats the administrates of the forum wouldn't be able to detect these problems. You would have to monitor the network to spot these problems.