Skid loader stump grinders

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob32racing

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Ive been subbing out my stumps for years. I still plan on subbing out the larger ones. However ive been wanting to get a skid loader grinder. Ive been reading reviews and cant decide what to get. Ill be running a case sv250 standard flow 23gpm. Ive seen the swing style but havent seen the newer tire to tire grinders ad i would call them. With a low flow machine i think the tire to tire grinder would be better because all the flow goes to the wheel. Where the swing robs some flow away from the wheel. Like i said ill be subbing out the larger ones but would like to do smaller or hard to get ones. Any input would be appreciated.

Why don't you call the stump grinding expert who has been subbing out the stumps from year. They will answer all of your questions regarding the grinder.

A total waste of money. The ones that do not swing are hard to use efficiently. The cuttings often fly back and hit the cab/you/or the cab window. They can not be used in any tight spots. Save your money and buy a real dedicated stump grinder with self propel and hydraulic controls. The remote control is great, but can get pricey. I was in the stump grinding business for 15 years, and never once considered one of thse expensive, waste of time, hard to maneuver machines.

Back