skip VS full house

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Lord, if this to be your wish for you to have me bushel in a co-op with another Faller then please can you to send to me a superior man with the greatest physical attributes, greater endurance, smarter and a will that can not be broke as my time is limited.
Must I remind you.. I'm here to log eh, not f_ck the dog eh?

Why is full skip and even hyper skip same price as full comp? I'm getting half or even less cutters, and they wear faster, but paying the same price. These things keep me awake at night.

But on a more serious note, if you've got the power but chip clearance is becoming an issue, do you go with skip 3/8 or full comp .404?
Full comp .404 is hard to get around here... not many big block saws in regular use, so cause of that 3/8 is available just about anywhere.

For me to get .404 full comp I'd have to special order a half or full roll of chain, and since I might burn up one .404 chain every 3 years, not really worth it

This :rolleyes:.

Wide open on the boring :yes:.

Nice only doing half the cutters, and even nicer only doing half the rakers!
I still run standard for most cutting since I have a lot of them around.
Full skip has a 3rd less cutters, not a half less, ie a 66dl bar (18 inch 3/8 stihl) has 22 cutters skip compared to 33 full comp. It's what I use when cutting in the dirt, quick to sharpen, quick to chuck away

Latest posts

Back