slack tending pulleys for lanyard?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alabama xl

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I need a micro pulley for my lanyard, and there are so many (too many?) out there to choose from. Can I get a few recommendations please? I don't need anything fancy, but would like something relatively inexpensive that works well. setup is 1/2" line with VT made from Pruissik cord. setup is one rope snap, carabiners on both VT and other end of lanyard.

Are there any other good ways of making these lanyards self tending?

Small pinto from D.M.M is what i use with a Michoacan on 8mm ocean poly, lanyard is 13mm Yale xtc fire. I started on a small Isc pulley and it worked fine. The Pinto has a rated becket for clipping a biner giving one a few options for lanyard config. Great for tricky prunes where just looping your lanyard around a branch won't cut it for a good work position.

Sent from my SM-G389F using Tapatalk

The V.T is more a main line f.h, it has too much sit back for lanyard use i.m.o. Distel, Michoacan etc are better options.

Sent from my SM-G389F using Tapatalk

is the Petzl Oscillante with nylon pulley going to make me sad for slack tending on climbing line? They are inexpensive yet look well made enough for pushing the knot on my lanyard, but am trying to decide if I need something more robust for other purposes too. Sort of limited to purchasing from the large bookstore website because I don't have enough of an order for free shipping from my preferred purveyor of arborist gear, and an $80 pulley is out of my budget for this job.

If the Petzl Zillion is as smooth as the Zigzag I would get the Zillion. If it’s in your budget get both! Just got the Zigzag and love it. Tending is effortless with zero sit back. Tends itself when it has enough line under it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Notch small tending pulley looks like a good design. I have used the small CMI pulley for many years and had zero issues. Very light, compact, and economical. I just incorporated the DMM Pinto on my lanyard which I like. On the other hand it is a little big.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’ve run the Micro CMI with no issues on lanyards/secondary lines although i only climbed recreationally. In a perfect world I’d have the best of the best tho $$$

Edit: on 1/2” Yale and beeline

If you're wanting to order it from TS you can use the code free ship even if it's under $100

Latest posts

Back