Slamm

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is becoming surreal......:dizzy:

Psychedelic_by_DudeInEmerica-788132.jpg

You cannot just start posting here, and expect to hijack someone's years of threads and contributions, just saying....

I'm here because I like it here. There was no disrespect intended, and the Slamm mystery seemed to already have been solved. I typically help no one here, and what I post is usually silly. I can't identify or properly fall a tree. I truthfully don't know much about how 2 strokes work. I like your posts, appreciate the time you take to help others, but feel that here, you are dead wrong. If Bob feels I am overstepping, than I am. When you want to start #### about my admittedly stupid user name, I just ignore it. Same thing here. I'm not an Internet guy, so when someone starts #### on line I really don't care. I don't want you to quit helping folks, as I really can't, but I'm not leaving either.

I'm here because I like it here. There was no disrespect intended, and the Slamm mystery seemed to already have been solved. I typically help no one here, and what I post is usually silly. I can't identify or properly fall a tree. I truthfully don't know much about how 2 strokes work. I like your posts, appreciate the time you take to help others, but feel that here, you are dead wrong. If Bob feels I am overstepping, than I am. When you want to start #### about my admittedly stupid user name, I just ignore it. Same thing here. I'm not an Internet guy, so when someone starts #### on line I really don't care. I don't want you to quit helping folks, as I really can't, but I'm not leaving either.

Me either.....no ####ing way. :msp_wink:

tl;dr

Believe he got upset with a couple members here after a post about Stihl chain saws and how those members never used the saws in questioned and keep on talking about them

Bit of an oversimplification.

From memory he sure did LOL loudly :laugh:

I always agreed with his use of semi chisel over chisel. :msp_biggrin:

Hey Sunfish...tell me a little about that chisel vs semi deal.
I'm rather new to this...and of course listened to my local Chainsaw Repair guy swear up & down about how chisel cuts faster, cleaner, and requires less sharpening...but I'm just interested in hearing something other than his mouth!

By the way...he is soooooooooooo obsessed with full chisel that even the folks that request semi or skip chain or whatever...he still slams on FULL CHISEL...and just tells them he's out of the other chain...and beat it!!!!:msp_w00t: lol

Thanks
Reggie

In Stihl branded chain semi chisel (RM) will last longer in dirty or dry wood,full chisel (RS) will cut slightly faster in clean green wood they are both the same to sharepen.

Slamm got the snots on when he started to whine about Sawtroll being treated like a protected species by other members. He cracked a bit of a hissy fit when people backed Sawtroll instead of him because he couldn't quite understand how people had more respect for Sawtroll than himself. Even though I don't always agree with Niko he's a lot more respected on AS than Sam would have ever been. I actually liked Sam and sent him a few PM's here and there but he carried on like a snotty nosed little brat if anybody didn't agree with him. I did actually agree with him 95% of the time too, but that other 5% was painful...

my local Chainsaw Repair guy swear up & down about how chisel cuts faster, cleaner, and requires less sharpening...

If he thinks full chisel will stay sharper longer than semi chisel he's probably never used semi chisel I'm betting.

The semi-chisel typically requires less tooth removal per sharpening since the full-chisel beak has to be brought back to a sharp point, and it gets dulled further back than any of the cutting edges on either semi or full -- this translates to less frequent sharpening and a higher total of re-sharpenings for the semi.

The semi-chisel typically requires less tooth removal per sharpening since the full-chisel beak has to be brought back to a sharp point, and it gets dulled further back than any of the cutting edges on either semi or full -- this translates to less frequent sharpening and a higher total of re-sharpenings for the semi.

That likely is true, but I still prefere chisel in my mostly "clean and green" wood!

I have nothing against semi chisel, for the right application though, and keep some just in case.

Hey Sunfish...tell me a little about that chisel vs semi deal.
I'm rather new to this...and of course listened to my local Chainsaw Repair guy swear up & down about how chisel cuts faster, cleaner, and requires less sharpening...but I'm just interested in hearing something other than his mouth!

By the way...he is soooooooooooo obsessed with full chisel that even the folks that request semi or skip chain or whatever...he still slams on FULL CHISEL...and just tells them he's out of the other chain...and beat it!!!!:msp_w00t: lol

Thanks
Reggie

Your local guy is a nut!

Semi just works a hell of a lot better for 'me'. Stays sharper about twice as long and is easier the sharpen with a file. My wood is not always clean or green. :msp_mellow:

Semi chisel corner=?

Full chisel corner=7

So you can see why semi stay sharper longer but the full is faster. Once you knock that corner off the full chisel its time for a file.

Semi chisel corner=?

Full chisel corner=7

So you can see why semi stay sharper longer but the full is faster. Once you knock that corner off the full chisel its time for a file.

Yep and I also find the cutting speed too close to call. Especially after I sharpen the semi once...

Back