Slamm

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My only experience with Carlton semi chisel is with a 13" loop in .325 .050 on my 339xp, and that was not a good experience. It was seriously dull when new, and never cut really well.

My suggestion is that the poor performance would be due to the 339XP and not the K1-EP chain :poke:

I 100% agree that Carlton full chisel (LM) needs work and it is one of my least favourite full chisel chains out of the box. Interestingly I think their semi chisel is one of the best out of the box so it's interesting how one manufacturer can get it so right on one chain style and so wrong on another.

I think the Carlton full chisel has not got the 10 Deg angle like the Stihl stuff has out of the box.

I think the Carlton full chisel has not got the 10 Deg angle like the Stihl stuff has out of the box.

Actually I think Carlton has and Stihl hasn't. With the Carlton LM it just needs the gullet cleaned out a bit and the depth guages dropped a little bit and it's a match for RSC but I still think RSC is the nicer chain overall.

I have found with full chisel if you drop the file handle 10 Deg ish it helps to get the point sharp.

Stihl comes at 0° tilt and Carlton etc have 10° from the factory. Stihl recommends 0° for their RSC.
Have you compared Stihl RSC with 0° and 10°? I've never really found much of a noticable difference when I've compared them, maybe an ever so slight advantage at 10° but nothing in it.
Carlton LM is just dull out of the box and needs a bit of tweaking to get it going really well :cheers:

I have only just started playing with the tilt angle on RS and ya cant tell any real advantage except easyer to get a sharp point.
The RS i think is smoother than the LM but as we know the Stihl chain is way over priced.
Sometimes ya just get a sweet cutting chisel chain and i treat them ones like ya best dog.
Im sorting all the NT pics out will put some up latter.:msp_ohmy:

Can I give my opinion too????
Let's see...I liked Sam, but not his bully pulpit arguments, I can deal with Niko...gotta have comic relief when reading those heavy Stihl posts, and lastly, I like full chisel..just because. Uuuuhhhhhhh, yeah, not much else going on.

Shea

Don't let it get to you. Remember Jim Brown's approach? "Never let on how hard they hit you." Got him into the NFL Hall.

Hearsay assassination, time to go to neutral corners.

Indiansprings and myself received many pm's about certain member here; Indiansprings said 80% of his pm's were about a certain member my % of pm's was lower than that

Maybe that's why Indiansprings doesn't post as much as he use to and several other member also ?

Indiansprings and myself received many pm's about certain member here; Indiansprings said 80% of his pm's were about a certain member my % of pm's was lower than that

Maybe that's why Indiansprings doesn't post as much as he use to and several other member also ?

If you have problems with a "certain member" you should bring it to the attention of the moderators. If there's a real problem we'll do something about it.

Back