Slamm

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you have problems with a "certain member" you should bring it to the attention of the moderators. If there's a real problem we'll do something about it.

OK........I've got a problem with a certain member.

Please ban Thomas1. :cool2:

You aren't allowed to express an opinion here anymore, let alone argue.

I beg to disagree Randy, I will express my opinion and state it is my opinion and if that is against site rules they can ban me or I will leave voluntarily. I will argue facts but don`t get too aggressive, just state facts or experience and let it go at that.

I beg to disagree Randy, I will express my opinion and state it is my opinion and if that is against site rules they can ban me or I will leave voluntarily. I will argue facts but don`t get too aggressive, just state facts or experience and let it go at that.

I'm just gonna keep my mouth shut.......or......well. :msp_sneaky:

Well said. Nobody gets banned for opinions. What they get banned for is allowing opinions to become insults.

99% of the members here are fine with that. They'll argue 'til they're blue in the face but they stick to facts and they keep their debate civil. We appreciate that.

Can't. He hasn't broken any rules. Lately. :laugh:

Besides, if we banned everybody that somebody else wanted us to ban there wouldn't be anybody left on AS. Everybody don't like somebody.

Oh I like Tom.......he's one of the best here IMHO.

Ban him anyway. :buttkick:

Top plate tilt angle (file handle down 10 Deg )

I have found with full chisel if you drop the file handle 10 Deg ish it helps to get the point sharp.

Stihl comes at 0° tilt and Carlton etc have 10° from the factory. Stihl recommends 0° for their RSC.
Have you compared Stihl RSC with 0° and 10°? I've never really found much of a noticable difference when I've compared them, maybe an ever so slight advantage at 10° but nothing in it.
Carlton LM is just dull out of the box and needs a bit of tweaking to get it going really well :cheers:

I feel that 10 degrees is a bit much, and prefere to file at about 5 with all chisel chain. The exact angle is not a big deal though! :givebeer:

Last edited:
Back