sleeping beasts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homelite360

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
i just brought to life some of my old homelite's namely my pair of 7-19c's i bought them a few weeks ago and i got them to roar to life tonight. i still haev to adjust the carbs a bit but they will eat my buddies 044 for lunch. anyone else play god lately by bringing old iron to life?

old iron

Check out my post "Disston carb problems" I got it to run, but it's runnin really fat, too much gas. It even fills my gear case in less than a minute! This thing has a secondary fuel pump on top of the carb. It is a miniature impeller, like a small version of a water pump on a car engine. this pump is driven by the gear case, and it's pumping through this coupling into the gear case. I removed the in-tank filter on the return line hoping to reduce the return pressure, but that didn't help at all. I need gaskets, and a seal for that pump shaft.

Hello everyone! When old Homelites die and I get them, they enter Homelite Heaven. I just got a Homelite Model 17 (3.5 H.P.) gear drive working. It has a 21" beaver tail bar and the stylish 9/16" full chipper chain. I buried this saw into a piece of 23" poplar and about 40 seconds later it was through. This gear drive has so much power I think the chain could be put on backwards and still cut the same. 40 seconds is by no means fast. But I was thinking how the first person who used this saw felt, probally used a hand bucking saw and it would have taken him 5 minutes and 30 drops of sweat to get through the same piece of wood. Old Iron (Aluminum) Rules, Jonathan:blob2:

Back