"slowest season in 25 years"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PA. Woodsman

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Stopped in to see the great people of Kring's stoveshop, Boyertown, PA. yesterday. When I asked how it was going, the owner said "slow-this is the slowest season that we've had in 25 years"! He cited the unusual warm weather that we had, slow new home market and slower economy as reasons. He also said that a local competitor had offered FREE pellets for a year if you bought a pellet stove from him; he withdrew the offer after only 2 weeks because of NO TAKERS! Just wanted to pass this info on!

It is interesting that it has been so warm up there and we are having more cold weather than we have had in several years.

I always like the old saying

Climate is what you expect, weather is what you get

rich,
new home sales and existing homes sales in the new developments are hot.
existing home sales of homes 10+ years old are dead.
everyone wants to live the Ryan or Maronda suburbian nightmare
at least that's my thoughts on the issue.

Stopped in to see the great people of Kring's stoveshop, Boyertown, PA. yesterday. When I asked how it was going, the owner said "slow-this is the slowest season that we've had in 25 years"! He cited the unusual warm weather that we had, slow new home market and slower economy as reasons. He also said that a local competitor had offered FREE pellets for a year if you bought a pellet stove from him; he withdrew the offer after only 2 weeks because of NO TAKERS! Just wanted to pass this info on!

Come north 100 miles. It's cold up here...

They ought to be giving away the pellet stoves too! Those things are a crappy investment.

Treeco! We agree! LOL
Sounds like pellet burners are a hot commodity like corn burners at the present time. With $3.50 corn and $4 futures corn burners are very cheap right now and ought to be free. I never have been able to figure out the wood pellet stove deal? Just escapes me totally.

Yeah, here now too. But the milder Fall and that record-breaking warmth 10 days ago killed 'em. It's late in the season for them now, unfortuanetly.

true. when i lived down in East Greenville ('99-'03), we never really had big snow but it wasn't this warm either...

what's the name of that Italian rest. across the street from Blockbuster? I can't remember....

Back