Small cc’s pro xp saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pioneer is long gone and mcculloch exists in name only like jonsered. Partner is Europes poulan now.

Interesting thread as I had the same question... and now have the same conclusion- 550xp MK II. Waiting patiently. I stopped at the local dealer last weekend and they hadn’t seen one yet.

I think the newest small husky prosaw is the 550xp mark2. 4hp and 10lbs. I am waiting on my dealer to get one in stock. He keeps saying they are coming

That new Husky 550 XP Mk II is 11.7 lbs (power head only) and reportedly makes 4.0 hp according to their site. I just grabbed a 550xp Mk1 yesterday which is supposed to be 10.8 lbs and 3.75 hp. I've heard the Mk1 had/has some hot start issues but there are some 'fixes' out there. As much as i'd like the latest of anything that fixes old issues the weight is a big thing to me. So, I jumped on the older model.
Marc

Follow on to my last post for what it's worth
My 550 XP Mk1 arrived yesterday.. power head did weigh 10.8 (my scale has it just under 11).. with full fuel, oil, and the 18" bar it weighs 14..
I also have a 440e .. power head only is 9.7 lbs on paper.. with fuel, oil, and 18" bar it weighs 13.

The 550 is a 2018 model and it seems compared to the earlier 550's, Husky has changed the top cover on the right side opening up more ventilation.

Back