SMALL ENGINE SHOP!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found a brand new sachs dolmar in the box for 540$ shipping included. I'm going to keep the manuel y'all sent me for future references. I figure I might as well return it and get a brand new one for 200 dollars more. Because if one more thing needs fixing im already past what the saw cost brand new. That way I dont have to worry about what needs reparing next. And when the new one needs fixing i have the manuel and I can fix it my self with a smile thabks for all yoyr help. For now I'll run my little craftsman pro. Its a nice little saw. I really appreciate the help I did learn alot and through this process
041108a83d095ba7976043d0f7993c02.jpg

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

So I did everything I could to the dolkita. Air filter tune and premium premix gas. Still hase alot of smoke and,oil coming out of the muffler. I can return it but I'll need to do it soon. I bought it from home depo used and they said they will take it back. Should I return it and,just get a Sachs dolmar 6100? I really love that saw

Was it "wrong" from the beginning? Are the issues your fault? Bad piece of equipment?

Answers to those would decide for me if I would consider returning it. If the issue is my fault I wouldn't return it. Home Depot may allow it but that doesn't make it right.

I found a brand new sachs dolmar in the box for 540$ shipping included. I'm going to keep the manuel y'all sent me for future references. I figure I might as well return it and get a brand new one for 200 dollars more. Because if one more thing needs fixing im already past what the saw cost brand new. That way I dont have to worry about what needs reparing next. And when the new one needs fixing i have the manuel and I can fix it my self with a smile thabks for all yoyr help. For now I'll run my little craftsman pro. Its a nice little saw. I really appreciate the help I did learn alot and through this process
041108a83d095ba7976043d0f7993c02.jpg

If you can get a NIB Dolmar 6100 for that price, that's what I would do too.
I think you are getting the hang of how this site works now. Ask questions, post pictures and say thank you when someone helps you out.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I agree. I have reasonal ethics. I work for a living and I really dont like getting the shaft. I really dont think its anything I did so im comfortable taking it back. I have had my little craftsman pro for 3 years and never had a problem. Did all the maintenance myself Cleaning tuning ect but the makita saw is definetly not in the condition he described. Especially for that price in total after tax it was 340$ including a "cleaning fee". Let me tell you they may have wiped dirt of the sides but that was it. Wish I had pics before I cleaned it myself. I really felt ripped off and I tried really hard to convince myself it was a good deal.

I agree. I have reasonal ethics. I work for a living and I really dont like getting the shaft. I really dont think its anything I did so im comfortable taking it back. I have had my little craftsman pro for 3 years and never had a problem. Did all the maintenance myself Cleaning tuning ect but the makita saw is definetly not in the condition he described. Especially for that price in total after tax it was 340$ including a "cleaning fee". Let me tell you they may have wiped dirt of the sides but that was it. Wish I had pics before I cleaned it myself. I really felt ripped off and I tried really hard to convince myself it was a good deal.

Was this a Home Depot used saw? That might change the perspective.

Absolutely beat to **** for 340$

And it gets better! I had my father go pick it up because I was at work and when I called the guy told me they sell so fast! He swore up and down it was in really good condition. And they do sell fast from the rental center when they decide to sell it. God knows how much home depo made just renting it out then they slam some little guy like me who just wants a stronger saw.

And I waited and waited and waited for one to go for sale and saved my money then blam! I will never buy a used saw again. Only,from a friend of family member so I know it was treated well.

Just when I thought I knew a little. Can any one explain the difference between NIB and SACHS dolmar? I can't find and explination on the internet.

If you can get a NIB Dolmar 6100 for that price, that's what I would do too.
I think you are getting the hang of how this site works now. Ask questions, post pictures and say thank you when someone helps you out.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
Just when I thought I knew a little. Can any one explain the difference between NIB and SACHS dolmar? I can't find and explination on the internet.

It seems to me an education has its costs, whether you do it in a classroom or in getting your ass burned on learning how it works.

True everything has its price. Can't disagree with you there! But that dosent mean people we should all just go around screwing eachother over and saying " I hope you learned a lesson"

True everything has its price. Can't disagree with you there! But that dosent mean people we should all just go around screwing eachother over and saying " I hope you learned a lesson"

Lots of folks on here have been able to get good saws from Home Depot's rental fleet. Keep in mind that the contact point may know jack about saws, he's a salesman. Not saying he is dishonest, probably selling based on corporate "it's time" and had no complaints from renters (goes out with a new chain with someone who likely doesn't know saws, cuts for a couple hours and returns). I'd like to pick up one of their saws but will go into it planning to check it over and negotiate as appropriate.

They are honoring a return so they didnt really screw me over. I knew more about the saw than he did so your right, but he swore up and down it was a great saw and thats what made me salty over the exp. But again I knew more than he did. He couldent even say what cc it was. I had to have my dad pick it up and call me and tell me as I was at work.

Looks like i got screwed big time from the guy who sold it to me.

After texting the guy about it for a few weeks he geld it for me snd i drove 5 plus hours all together to pick it up.

I shoulda made him take a bunch more pics and maybe a video of it running but he seemed very trustworthy so i just went to pick it up. On initial inspection it was not pretty but at least the sparkplug wiring wasnt burnt out, it ran and looked decent.

Well i could tell by the sound something the carb was dirty or it needed a tune up, so i decided i would take it apart and get her all fixed up.

Fml. Well after all that im stuck on what to next, prolly change spark plug but im not happy...

You may need to re-evaluate what you wrote. "On initial inspection it was not pretty but at least the sparkplug wiring wasnt burnt out, it ran and looked decent. "

The decision was yours, you saw it run (seems like you didnt test cut anything though), I fail to see how the guy screwed you over.

If you drove 2.5 hrs and it was a basket case but he told you it was a running saw, then you would have been screwed over.

I am also confused how, if you saw the saw running, yet still decided to buy (it if those were its issues when you bought it).

Sometimes we all make poor purchasing decisions, self delusion does not mean anyone screwed you but yourself.

Latest posts

Back