smoke in the house

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a lot of snow on the roof now and with a metal roof, it is a bit unsafe to try to get up there. As soon as the snow is off the roof, I will go up and check it out. It is a bummer that I have to burn oil during this cold snap. This is all part of the learning curve with a new stove.

what in god's name ???
I blame my wife. She was closing the draft too much. I noticed it had creasote on it, used some creasote destroyer a few times. I think the dry ash was coming up and sticking to it. It didnt take long to get plugged like that once it was partially plugged. no problem since i put the new one on. also the new one has bigger holes. I had taken it partially off before I took the picture, that's why it's sitting on there like that.

We have had smoke come in 3 times this year. Only when it is a strong East wind 20+ mph. We rarely get a strong East wind so I am waiting until warmer temps to check it out. I am running 2 woodburners so I will not run the one on the porch if we get anymore strong east winds.

Latest posts

Back