Smoking

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ekka said:
Well that one worked a treat :hmm3grin2orange:

pokinit.gif
and i will be sure to let the 1st non-smoker who complains about my smoke to thank one of his fellow non-smokers.

Vman said:
and i will be sure to let the 1st non-smoker who complains about my smoke to thank one of his fellow non-smokers.
It's been my experience that anyone who brags about how considerate they are or have been in the past is full of it.

spacemule said:
It's been my experience that anyone who brags about how considerate they are or have been in the past is full of it.
i don't see how in any way i have bragged about anything, all i did was state how i handled smoking in an attempt to be considerate of others.

buff said:
Are you passing the right to smoke on to your children?
i will do everything i can do to keep them from smoking, but if they do, it is their choice...as it was mine. with technology creating more cancer metastasizing cell products by the day, by the time my children grow up, they will have many more cancerous agendas to worry about than smoking.

Where I shot that last tapered hinge/gun adjustment video the customer was an ex-smoker.

He is in his 60's now and we had to walk around very slowly, he was gasping for breath so we got chatting.

He used to also own a shop and hence got his hands on cigs for free, he smoked 3 packs a day.

In his mid 50's suffered an acute heart attack, quadruple bypass, but problems still.

Apparently the pulmonary arteries and capillaries that connect to the lungs to do the breathing also get hard and blocked, so regardless of how much you huff and puff bugger all new clean fresh oxygen is getting thru.

Then, the heart has to work harder, and pressure goes up. This is called Pulmonary Hypertension and leads to an enlarged heart!

See this link

http://www.medicinenet.com/pulmonary_hypertension/article.htm

So then the customer has to have oxygen mask, but the damage is done, too late, cant walk 50'

Lungs and heart buggered, then what?

The deterioration of your health is slow, you adjust, even accept a diminished level of fitness .... slowly but surely it will get you.

I hope all children who will be smoking are buying large insurance policies and saving money so they will be able to pay their freight through their cancer without bothering the nonsmokers for tax money.

Doctors are getting more selective in who they take on as patients up here...why waste effort and tax dollars on someone that refuses to make lifestyle changes to perhaps effect a complete recovery. There was a well documented case in NS I believe where an orthopaedic surgeon refused to provide knee surgury to someone whose circulation was so compromised by a 50 cigarette a day habit to the point that installing a new joint was doomed to failure. Fine, sit and rot in a wheelchair for the rest of your life, short s it may prove to be. My uncle's oncologist told him that she would not provide any more than painkillers in the future unless he quit a nasty fifty year pipe smoking habit (he has lymphoma). He quit.

Last edited:
i didn't know that smokers put a burden on the health care system!!! "LORDDY BE" i always thought is was the ceo's making millions of dollars, and all the fraud involved.,,, MY BAD!!!!

Treeman67 said:
this smoking threads is still going??? how boring..lol

:sucks: Treeman67
Was thinking same thing. Neither side is going to change others opinions. You would think you guys arms would be getting tired from:deadhorse:

Ekka said:
Slowly but surely the "right" to pollute is going where it belongs ... extinguished.
than i suggest you unload your petrol saws now while u can still get a buck for them and use the money for some hand saws and a bicycle:clap:

Why?

I dont start them up in those places.

There's also noise regs that I'm not allowed to start them up until 7am and shut down at sunset or 7pm whichever is sooner.

I dont take my chainsaw to the craps table or the pub let alone start them up with the exhaust in your face.

I always find the smokers argument irrational, after all the entire habit is.

ah, ok, now i see...
in your mind, cigarettes are NFG anywhere at all, BUT...........polluting the atmosphere with your saws, cars and other petrol machinery is AOK!! who cares about clean air?? apparently not you..LOL. i had u pegged as a BS'er back at post #155 with your bogus statistic, now cigs are not ok but pollution from petrol machinery is OK. u may not run your saws in pubs but it still has the same effects to other people miles and miles away. the carcinogens produced by your 2-mix is enormous.....but you have 2 thumbs up for global warming
i am done with you
PS.......change your clothes and take a few showers before going into the pubs, the stench of your burnt 2-mix sticks to you alot worse than cig smoke.

Palm Slayer....you are whipping a dead horse. For smokers, smoking, belching, farting, scratching their ass in public and digging in their nose are all rights to be protected.

An irrational mob for sure.

Vman, the concept of comparing saws to smoking is irrational ... it was a desperate smoker trying to defend his habit that brought the irrationality to the table ... dismiss it.

Why you ask? Yeah I heard that little cog ticking over.

If we all smoked, 100% of society smoked we wouldn't care. But that's not the case, some do and some dont.

Now find me a chainsaw that doesn't? Ah ha, they all do. You dont see a Stihl polluting and a Husky not. We are discussing some people smoking and others not.

Now if we want to digress to hydrocarbons then there has been changes, to unleaded fuels. Two strokes are under the eye, they all are. If I could buy a performance non smoking saw I would however at this stage it's not available (motorised not handsaw either you irrational's).

Now, look at outboard engines for boats, 4 strokes are becoming the way to go, but with tiny engines which also have to be light it is harder so chainsaws are 2 strokes.

There is govt push to clean up the air, and 2 strokes are in there.

Anyway, if you guys want to discuss that start another thread about polluting chainsaws and greenhouse emmisions.

The way I see it is that if all smokers stopped, we could all have an extra saw and still be infront.:laugh:

Latest posts

Back