Smoking

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont smoke but I hate the fact smokers are losing their rights. Smokers never bother me. Not that I care to smoke but I hate people losing rights. In all honesty, I would rather see religion banned. People coming up to my door and trying to tell me how to live my life is significantly more worrisome in my book. I have yet to have a person bug me at home and ask if I wanted to join them in smoking or sell me a pack.

I need a Smiley face throwing a log into a fire. Anyone got one of those?

This thread has gone nuts.

I love it.

Most hilarious parts are the likening of mere scent tobacco smoke to skunks and farts and the very odour making one likely to vomit.

Yes you can sniff it fifty feet away, but grow an IQ folks!

This product was marketed with astounding success for over 200 years based on the pleasing aroma, taste, and flavor of the burning of tobacco.

The facts about tobacco may make you wish to not inhale any more of it than you absolutely have to, and I understand that, but to say it stinks worse than (horrible smell inserted here) doesn't get anywhere.

It's easily seen as your over-reaction, sucked in to the reverse swing of the tobacco pendulum.

Now go back to work, and climb some trees.

RedlineIt

RedlineIt said:
This product was marketed with astounding success for over 200 years based on the pleasing aroma, taste, and flavor of the burning of tobacco.
It's a demonstrated fact that smokers have diminished sensory perceptions. And I'm sure the nicotine didn't have anything to do with the success of tobacco, right.

SilentElk said:
I hate the fact smokers are losing their rights.

Non smokers have rights too you know.

Smokers are just having things taken away that they should never have had in the first place. Their "rights" were a gross error and are now being corrected.

The worst, and it really pisses me off, is when I see little kiddies in the back of the car, windows up and the parent is smoking ... that is a right do you think? A right for who? That should be a prosecution ... poor kids.

It's not a right to smoke, it's a right to be smoke free.

"This product was marketed with astounding success for over 200 years based on the pleasing aroma, taste, and flavor of the burning of tobacco."

Marketed by the same folks that told us that smoking was somehow healthy as recently as the 1950s.

I once kissed a woman in freefall ("PJ") and all I could taste was smoke on her lips etc , truly like licking an ashtray. If there was ever a reason to quit..................

I do not care if people smoke a hole in their lung. But when they do, I just wish they would stop voting democrat and expecting me to pay for it.

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

I am all for the liberty for people to smoke themselves to death as long as I do not have to pay for their funeral.

there are smokers,, non smokers,, ex smokers,, and people who can't stand smoking....if you can't stand smoke... why do you go where there is smoking??? you don't have to be there!!!!!! i know you all have your rights,, but so do smokers!!!!! it's all about choice.. smokers chose to smoke... non smokers chose not to....i don't under stand why people who hate smoke go to places, that smoking is allowed and b#i@t$c%h???? if you don't like smoke, why go some where that there is smoking????? you might have a right to be there,,,, but you don't have to be,,,it's your choice to put yourself in that position.....

If you smoke at the table. Can I fart at your table? Seems like a matter of choice to me.

buff said:
If you smoke at the table. Can I fart at your table? Seems like a matter of choice to me.
go ahead,, blast away,,,,i'd be a happy person,, it never stopped any one else!!!! the reason is because " I AM TOLERANT" i will never stop anyone from doing what he or she wants , just because i don't agree with it!!!!! if i don't like it, and i can't deal with it, i leave....

Some people must be a real hoot to be around socially what with them smoking and farting all of the time.

Imagine the reaction of the American people if I were to propose introducing a new product that would kill hundreds of thousands of people per year. We would demand that it be outlawed and I would be run out of town on a rail. :bang:

juststumps said:
go ahead,, blast away,,,,i'd be a happy person,, it never stopped any one else!!!! the reason is because " I AM TOLERANT" i will never stop anyone from doing what he or she wants , just because i don't agree with it!!!!! if i don't like it, and i can't deal with it, i leave....

Here's a tiny file of the dinner table at your place.

http://www.palmtreeservices.com.au/video/afterdinner.wmv

:laugh: :laugh:

avalontree said:
I hear ya. Ive seen people who have just the opposite. They need something to get them all fired up with adrenalin. Addiction comes in many forms. Everyone is addicted to something, maybe even this internet site...tv...????...buying crap...food...attention...sugar...death...road kill..patchouli oil..[/QUOTE]

Ha-ha! OK, OK, so what if I smell of two-cycle oil, gasoline, wood chips, beer from the night before, patchouli oil, and cigarette smoke issuing forth from my piehole?

I might point to another American habit that may be as dangerous and is certainly more insidious than smoking, and that's bad eating habits.

Only one quarter of Americans smoke, but fully 61 percent are overweight or obese. Now us poor smokers face outrageous taxes on our elixers, but what about all you fatties? Eh? Only 15% of smokers die of lung cancer, but what about the HUGE health costs of obesity to society?

Time we started slapping some bigtime taxes on everything but lean meats, nuts, fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. Wow, THAT's gonna put a HURTIN' on a LOT of people!

Frankly, on the whole, though not scientific, I think the consensus is lean smokers make better climbers than obese nonsmokers do.

People who have bad eating habits. Are they cramming food down smokers throats?

CJ-7 said:
Imagine the reaction of the American people if I were to propose introducing a new product that would kill hundreds of thousands of people per year. We would demand that it be outlawed and I would be run out of town on a rail. :bang:

NEWS FLASH : i think HENRY FORD did that a while ago!!!!!! i don't see that many people walking!!!!! ROTFLMAO

buff said:
People who have bad eating habits. Are they cramming food down smokers throats?

Point well taken, and you ARE addressing the topic of the original post, too. And I, as a smoker (and chawer), always try to respect the rights of smoke-averse people as much as I can. For starters, near a campfire, I always maintain that they keep a minimum smoke-safe distance of fifty feet. Any closer, and I would be very concerned for their delicate lungs, for no one knows EXACTLY what noxious chemicals could be emanating from who knows what's burning in that toxic conflagration.

Back