Smoothest saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok in a effort to help my terrible hands what’s the smoothest saws you guys have run. The two I use the most are 346xpne and a 262xp. My 066 dosent get used much cuse my hands don’t like it. too bad it a a great saw.
Dolmar/Makita 6100

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

There’s going to be a big difference when you go from rubber bushings (vibration damping) to spring suspension (vibration isolating). Husqvarna moves over to springs before Stihl, but now all the major brands use springs. The 262 was the first Husqvarna saw to use spring antivib. But the 346xp was a generation later and benefitted from an additional spring mount on the cylinder. In general, the 3 series was better than the 2 series in terms of smoothness. The 5 series beats the 3 series and is even more smooth.

However, I have heard good things about the Dolmar EZ start and they also use spring AV. Worth a look if that is a high priority.

I must admit that OP's avatar in post #1 is the smoothest operating thing I have seen in years. Looks like she could fix a tractor blindfolded.

Yes, I do like my smooth-running Husqvarna 353 and my Stihl MS361. But, I have four or five saws that match up rather well to them.

I own a dolmar 7900. Great saw. Very smooth but the husky 395xp tops it. Smooth as southern sippin’ liquor. I own two, one for each hand but they are just like a cinderblock with a handle.

I must admit that OP's avatar in post #1 is the smoothest operating thing I have seen in years. Looks like she could fix a tractor blindfolded.

Yes, I do like my smooth-running Husqvarna 353 and my Stihl MS361. But, I have four or five saws that match up rather well to them.

I’ve got alotta compliments on that avatar. I’ve had it many years.

Good question, indeed. One of my friends has a Husqvarna 565 and later bought a Makita 6421 for comparison. So far, the Husky is winning. However, I must admit that beating a Makita 6421 is not easy to do. We shall see and time will yell.

Ok in a effort to help my terrible hands what’s the smoothest saws you guys have run. The two I use the most are 346xpne and a 262xp. My 066 dosent get used much cuse my hands don’t like it. too bad it a a great saw.
Dang I'm getting old. I thought my 660 was the smoothest thing I have. I'd try Bob's advice with the gloves, rather than jump on a new saw. Although, one doesn't need an excuse for a new saw. Now, all of my new saws have to be about 40 years old, or older!

Back