Smoothest saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have several saws I consider smooth, but by far the smoothest in the cut is the one wearing the new 23 RS pro chain. It seems a good .325 pitch chain can't be beat in that respect.

I’ll have to see if I can try one somewhere. Side note I picked up a 395 and sold my 066. The 395 is an animal!

How long before you start lamenting about the chain tensioner being so old fashioned and stuck between bucking spike and bar at the front on that 395 versus the side adjust Stihl? :laugh:

How long before you start lamenting about the chain tensioner being so old fashioned and stuck between bucking spike and bar at the front on that 395 versus the side adjust Stihl? :laugh:

oh I said some stuff out loud when I was messing with it already. off the top of my head the 395 and 262 are the only two I have where it’s up front.

I’ll have to see if I can try one somewhere. Side note I picked up a 395 and sold my 066. The 395 is an animal!
I thought my 346 xp was a smooth saw until I used the Dolkita and more torque than the 346 xp . However for a 70 + cc saw the 576 xp is smoother than the old 372 ever was ! If your serious about cutting large hardwood the 390 xp or better yet 395 xp are your solution !

oh I said some stuff out loud when I was messing with it already. off the top of my head the 395 and 262 are the only two I have where it’s up front.

Yes, I have definitely cursed at my 395 when mounting a bar and chain. An aftermarket side cover with the tensioner in it would sure be slick. Hint, hint, if anyone at farmertec is reading this.

Since that's not an option yet, I decided I should just add another 395 so I can leave one set up with a 36" and maybe put an 8 pin and a 24" on the other for cutting firewood with a firm grip. My Shaun Carr ported 395 will be here Friday. Can't wait.

Decades ago before these fancy gloves were offered I used the usgi d3 winter leather gloves with wool liners. I feel the heavier the gloves the better. I cant hear you guys sometime I never had hearing protection lol.

Back