Snapper 60v brushless chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timbo74

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone have one, or has anyone used one? I just bought the 60v brushless hedger, and it works pretty good. I may add the saw, for a camp saw...if it's any good. While I'm sure it won't be in the same league as a Stihl, Husqvarna, or Oregon, would it be worth trying?

Philbert will be along soon . The Snapper is a rebranded something else. Worx maybe ?? I have the Stihl 36v homeowner saw that I have used a lot. I think one of the cordless saws would be an ideal camp saw. The Stihl weighs about 8.5 lbs which is super nice.

My brother bought the snapper yesterday on sale for $119.00 at Wal-Mart. We were planning to go fishing last night, Since the oiler went out on his Dewalt, we needed a cordless saw, to cut up wood for a fire. Around here the bugs are so thick, we prefer a campfire for night fishing. Setting the saw up, I noticed that it seems a lot beefier then the Dewalt saw, but the chain break doesn't work, and I really didn't want to take off the top cover, to see what was what on the chain break. So we took it fishing anyways, and cut quite a bit of wood with it, using about 3/4 of the battery. It does cut surprisingly good, and has plenty of torque to accommodate it's 16" bar. Being used to the Dewalt, my brother was very surprised by the power it had. Unfortunately the chain break was a deal breaker, we took it back today, and grabbed anther one off the shelf which we un boxed at the courtesy counter, the chain break was also broken on that one. It seems to be a common problem with the saw, unfortunately.

Latest posts

Back