• Notice to all BUYERS. You are buying at your own risk. If you do not know the seller then please be cautious and look for suspicious activity. If they ask you to mail a check/money order or pay with PayPal using the Friends and Family option, that is a RED FLAG. Your purchase will not be protected. Only pay with credit card or PayPal using the goods and services options. Do not fall for the excuse that they don't want to pay the PayPal fees. They need to account for that in their sales price.
  • To all USERS that think they need to police the site. New users that come to sell items are not always selling stolen merchandise. No vigilante or lynch mob mentality is permitted. You will be given infraction points if you accuse someone of selling stolen merchandise without hard evidence. You must have the stolen item report with a serial number and/or pictures that match the for sale item to make such accusations. Alert the moderators with your evidence and they will take care of any transgressions. If you do not you will be given enough points for a 3 day time out.
  • Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

SOLD!!!! snelling ported 372

Derf

Addicted to ArboristSite
we got some big bars down at the yard. It'll wear a 20 inch bar daily.
First tree job tomorrow with the new saw. I'm working the ground delimbing 18 footers for the log truck so she will be put through her paces.
Glad you like the saw, Rich, I might be the only one to say or think this, but that's a lot of HP for such a small bar. If all you need is 20" I'd venture to say a 60cc saw would pull it fine and save some weight. Lets hope you get to some bigger jobs soon.

And if you're nearly stalling a stock 70cc saw with 20" bar in oak you're definitely doing it wrong.

Also, not sure that I understood you, but are you saying you're using this saw as a limbing saw? ... on 18 foot trees, where the limbs are like 4-5 inches? Again, I think you're schlepping too much saw and could have gotten by with a lighter saw.

dichrixon

dichrixon

ArboristSite Lurker
I agree with all you said 100 percent. In fact this debate was had in my introduction post. My company runs 8 or 9 372's a 562 a 395, and a few top handle stihls for pruning. I bought a 372 because that's what we use. We have parts saws, and frankly its what I wanted. The debate about too much saw is a good one but I don't care to get into it again. Thanks for your input.

Jon1212

Jon1212

Riff Raff Fart Knocker from other Forum's.
I agree with all you said 100 percent. In fact this debate was had in my introduction post. My company runs 8 or 9 372's a 562 a 395, and a few top handle stihls for pruning. I bought a 372 because that's what we use. We have parts saws, and frankly its what I wanted. The debate about too much saw is a good one but I don't care to get into it again. Thanks for your input.
You know what you're doing, and prefer. Just go with that.

Any of these "posers" who think a log, and a tree are the same thing, can think whatever they want to.