Snow in the south!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does your house seriously not have an access to the crawl space?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

None where the plumbing is, duck walk high the other side. Real real old cabin, been added on to and retrofitted over the generations. I've cut out the floor in two places so far, next time I am going to replumb it inside along the wall, just bypass all the old stuff.

Snow can be dealt with. Ice with power outages is a whole different ball game. All the deciduous trees and vines still holding their leaves down there will provide lots of surface area for the ice to freeze on. That means lots of limbs and trees on power lines. Good luck. Hope you have a generator, a wood stove and lots of shine.

Here in the eastern part of TN, we never have anything exciting happen. No hurricanes, few tornadoes, hardly any snow, and it's been years since we've had any serious ice storms. I think the last time we had an event was the blg spring blizzard in the early 90's. All we're gonna get this time is maybe three inches of wet snow.

Here in the eastern part of TN, we never have anything exciting happen. No hurricanes, few tornadoes, hardly any snow, and it's been years since we've had any serious ice storms. I think the last time we had an event was the blg spring blizzard in the early 90's. All we're gonna get this time is maybe three inches of wet snow.

We had a tornado hit our neighborhood in the beginning of 2012, Hurricane Isaac in August of 2012, and three winter storms within the last four weeks of which two produced ice, sleet, and snow (outside of Baton Rouge)...I don't want any of them, ha!

Lucked out, 3-4 inches of wet slushy stuff but no hard freeze. Tonight it is supposed to freeze though, so ice tomorrow.

One can only hope for the best. This stuff is just about over with for the season. Sounds like some in your area got hit bad.

Lucked out, 3-4 inches of wet slushy stuff but no hard freeze. Tonight it is supposed to freeze though, so ice tomorrow.

Snow shots from a little walk this morning once it got bright out

Attachments

• IMG_20140213_092103.jpg
    IMG_20140213_092103.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20140213_091943.jpg
    IMG_20140213_091943.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20140213_091802.jpg
    IMG_20140213_091802.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20140213_091255.jpg
    IMG_20140213_091255.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 19
See what you been missing all these years!

Oh, it's for sure pretty sometimes. The best is a real late snow like in march, the grass has greened up, those baby mountains in the background will be offset by the white and green and blue.

Ice and real cold though, ferget it, had my fill years ago, and one night a frostbite experience. painful. Lost my ability to tolerate cold all that well.

Latest posts

Back